No announcement yet.

Some advice would be helpful here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice would be helpful here.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=402988

Here is the problem: When I leave it in the Cool Edit format, it sounds fine. Once I convert it to mp3, it breaks up in the speakers......is it do to the fact of the conversion, or am I doing/not doing something?-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: Some advice would be helpful here.....

how are you converting it to MP3, and what settings?

Pete

Comment

After the mix down, I save it to file in my documents. It then asks me what format and I choose mp3. Could it be the Windows Media converter doing a poor job? Maybe a higher quality converter would do better?-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Well, it depends on how your mp3 is being saved - what quality it is. What program are you playing the mp3s back with?

Pete

Comment

It is playing through my Windows Media Player. Does it break up in the speakers when you listen to it? -Lou

Comment

i listened to the Lo-fi and the Hi-fi sample from your site using soundclicks media player onsite and it sounded fine on these PC speakers on this machine

Comment

Hmm....I can not get the low-fi or hi-fi player to work for me so I click on mp3. May have to do some reconfiguring somewhere. Thanks Justin.-Lou

Comment

sounds like you have a better grip on this matter than i do Lou..

I suck at this stuff..I'm computerly challenged!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Uhhh....I have a grip on something alright....no,no,no....its not that...its a bottle of Kentucky's best bourbon.-Lou

Comment

If you have different EG setting on your media player from your recording software it tends to change things alot.....i was confused before but i realized that was the problem....check your levels before you export and make sure nothing is peaking, then check your levels in the player and make sure everything is good.....if all else fails, suicide is an option, although i wouldnt advise it...
                    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

Working...
                    X