Suspect (more of my 80s bands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect (more of my 80s bands)

The band was called "Suspect" This band was me and a female friend who sang. We both wrote all the songs. I played Guitar, Bass, and did the Drum Programing. When we played live we added a Drummer and Bass player.

The Guitar I used was a late 80s Jackson Dinky h-s-s Fire Crackle Finish, with all the Jackson Licenced Hardward. I used a small Crate Amp 1 12" Speaker, BOSS Turbo OD. Also I used an Alverez DY79 Acoustic.

http://larryny1.tripod.com/sitebuild...n-the-edge.mp3

http://larryny1.tripod.com/sitebuild...ct-s-b-y-s.mp3

<p align="center"></p>

Re: Suspect (more of my 80s bands)

Cool stuff..it sounds like Heart during their "Looks that Kill" hard rock period. Great band!

Comment

Hey thanks......Well the Heart influence was right on, Lynn was a big Ann Wilson fan. I was more into Randy Rhoads. She wasn't really into Metal so when we started writing this is what we came up with as a song style. The Band was really just her singing and me doing everything cept the Keyboards, for that we hired a studio Keybord Player. We recorded all tracks at Reel Platitun Studios in Lodi N.J between 1988 and 1990 Also after programing the drum machine for this project I will program drums again, what a pain.

Comment

I'm also into 80's metal but I still listen to the 1985 self titled "Heart" cd. That thing rocks.

Your old stuff is very comparable to them.

Comment

I will program drums again geeeesh I will never program Drums again lol

Thanks again...............Oh that Heart CD Rocks......unlike today with all the cookie cutter bands, back when we where trying to get a record deal all the Major Record Companies didnt like Lynn's singing or just a nice not interested. She only wanted a Major Lable, I was more open to the Independent Labels that where starting to show up. Also Peal Jam and Nirvana where just starting to show up, and we all what happened then [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Her's another link to another song recorded same place same time
            http://larryny1.tripod.com/sitebuild...-your-move.mp3

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Her's another link to another song recorded same place same time
              http://larryny1.tripod.com/sitebuild...-your-move.mp3

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can hear the Heart influence there. Nice guitar playing. Love the guitar solo..stuff like this reminds me of how much more I need to practice!

Comment

Hey Gary....thanks....and don't sweat it. I've been palying many years. At the time this stuff was recorded I was big into Randy Rhoads, so I was still playing and practicing every minute of the day

Comment

That sounded great!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks...........its old 80s stuff but still has a nice ring to it

Comment

I'm impressed.. really! Love the 80's too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey thanks..I told Lynn about all the nice responces, she wanted to thank you guys, and asked where were you back in the 80s lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X