Just for fun; Tenjou Tenge Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for fun; Tenjou Tenge Jam

I was watching Tenjou Tenge last week (japanese animated show), and I noticed a tune in the soundtrack that kicked ass - so I decided to record it.

I threw in a couple of half-assed solos, but I don't know if they help the song....or hurt it. At least they remind me how much I suck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Apolgies for any mental trauma they may cause.

Sunbane - Tenjou Tenge Jam

The samples are all from Tenjou Tenge.

Re: Just for fun; Tenjou Tenge Jam

Haha, that was fucking awesome.
    Great idea!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      It was great fun piecing that together.
      I hope I'll have time to do some more.
      Hopefully I can improve my playing some too... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That was definitely interesting...never heard anything like that before! Guitar sounded good, it fit the song really nicely.

Comment

Thanks you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

realy good mix here-loved the samples/layers and your killer tone.Well done

Comment

Sunbane, quite cool man. I watched that entire series a while back and enjoyed it quite a bit. Very interesting idea for a jam / recording.

Comment

Thank you guys! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I think I had quite a bit of luck with the mixing. I never really had any problems of getting certain parts to stand out. It was all recorded with my Model 6 (including the bass lines!). It seems the software regulated the output levels per automation, because it's right up there, but it doesn't overload.

The samples may be a little overwhelming in certain areas. I think I could have made those sit a little lower in the mix.

I was careful not to layer too many guitars though. There's essentially only two guitars playing at any given time - Guitar 1 (left) and Guitar 2 (right) - with a little different EQ on each. I put on more effects in the solos (chorus, reverb and delay), but it's still just two guitars playing, so I think it would actually be pretty easy to play this live with two guitarists.

I'm considering investing in a decent amp modeller now, because the tone that I have sounds pretty synthetic (at least in my mind).

Comment

very original, very cool, very good sound.. RESPECT [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Woah.. that was cool! I have never heard of Tenjou Tenge, but I felt like I was in the middle of an action hero movie!! Haha! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Great tone, dude. Sounds killer!

-Emmy

Comment

Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      I'm glad you like it.

I have a new tune in the works, but the progress is slow since I also have to work. :P And it turned out more difficult to play in time to the machine, because it has more percussive riffs. Good practice though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X