Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revengeance (My band)

[ QUOTE ]
    great work! i'm with newc on the vocals... get a "voice" to complement your playing (which is awesome), then you may a something differant in a good way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"then you can sound just like all my favorite 80's bands and be pigeonholed as buttrock 4 ever." yay!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

STICK WITH THE RASP! It's a good vox....I know what you're going for. IT kicks ass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Yep, I post there, and I posted this there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to post there... As Shaded Enmity, but I lost the url.

Comment

Great band but I can't deal with the vocals. A Bruce Dickenson type vocalist would be killer with this stuff. Just being honest...the music is awesome!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Great band but I can't deal with the vocals. A Bruce Dickenson type vocalist would be killer with this stuff. Just being honest...the music is awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's already a band that does that...Iron Maiden. Listen to them if you like that sorta thing. I heard they're pretty good, but what do I know...I like melo-death.

so whatever.

Comment

WOW! Nice shit dude! Cleanest demo I've heard on the board!

Good vocals, you've got my vote on that. There's better, there's worse. It reminds me of Children of Bodom. I love cookie monster vocals (depending). This is a good one. I like Angela Gossow's vocals, she stomps all over Alexi's. (and you're vocalist too [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] )

Great shit dude!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's already a band that does that...Iron Maiden. Listen to them if you like that sorta thing. I heard they're pretty good, but what do I know...I like melo-death.

so whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean an exact clone..just someone with a real singing voice. The cookie monster on helium thing just ruins the great music. It takes away from it and is hard to block out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I used to post there... As Shaded Enmity, but I lost the url.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah...your bands kick ass (Specifically Evangelist, I think I still have some of you guys' MP3s on my computer). And it looks you got the URL again before I could re-check the post. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't mean an exact clone..just someone with a real singing voice. The cookie monster on helium thing just ruins the great music. It takes away from it and is hard to block out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what (at least) I originally wanted. We eventually got sick of trying to find someone like that and decided that someone in the band might as well do it. Originally, it was going to be me, but then Bassil and Alex all of a sudden decided I sound like "a dying cat", and that Nick sounds better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    all of a sudden decided I sound like "a dying cat",

[/ QUOTE ]
                    You got the accusation too, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Listening to "Carry the Storm" right now, and this is great! Something about it makes me think of a less "wanky" Wintersun, the way that the guitars and keyboards mix. I for one like the vocals with this style of playing...but nobody who knows me would find that to be a surprise.

Will listen to the other songs soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah I agree with the Wintersun comparison. The melodies dont' sound quite as "chipper" as wintersun or ensiferum, but definately comparable.

Comment

B to the UMP

Comment

Sounds pretty good man. Do you play guitar and if so what gear did you use?
                            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

cool songs, but why the large mp3's?? 192 or 256 kbps would've been plenty for retaining quality...not all of us have T-3's [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              I like the Carcass-esque vocals but I think they could've been a tad louder in the mix! (from where I'm sitting anyway) [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Sounds pretty good man. Do you play guitar and if so what gear did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play guitar, but I only appear at select moments on those songs (The solo in Midnight Massacre, the 7-string notes in Ravage, and random overdubs in Carry the Storm). I use a Schecter A-7 and Ibanez RG7620, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, and a Roland GP-8 (Just for the delay.) Alex (The other guitarist) uses a Schecter Classic (I forget the specific model) and a Line6 Pod XT.

As for the large MP3s, blame the drummer/sound engineer/producer. He insists on using 320 for some reason. The ones on the Myspace are 192, though (Ravage is 160, I think)

Comment

Working...
                                X