Pod XT + V-Amp 2 = BEST DEATH METAL TONE EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pod XT + V-Amp 2 = BEST DEATH METAL TONE EVER

I really like my V-Amp Pro. I think for the price, it can't be beat. I got mine for $150 new from a local shop.

I mostly use the Modern High Gain amp model, and cabinet #10. I just vary the gain level and the EQ and can get quite few very workable tones from it.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

oOoOo cab 10 eh? I've never experimented with anything but cab #15! Maybe some more tweaking is in order!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        oOoOo cab 10 eh? I've never experimented with anything but cab #15! Maybe some more tweaking is in order!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I find cab #15 is too dark. Cab #10 gives you a really nice Brown Sound...very fat. It can have a bit of fuzz though. You have to play around...there are 15 cabs and you would be surprised at some of the combos that sound killer!!!

I think it is a great toy. However, 95% of the time I used the Modern High Gain mixed with cab #10. I find alot of the amp models are just useless for me, at least with my current guitars. When I still had my Strat, many of the clean amp models were much more usable. Especially the Black Face Twin, the Deluxe etc.....

However, when it is time for all out fat distortion....MHG and cab #10.

I would like to hear about some more of your experiments. I also really want to start recording some stuff when I finally have some time.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

hey as far as your POD stuff, have you posted any stuff to customtone.com? it would be cool to see your settings.

Comment

Hey man! No I haven't buy my settings are godawful without the V-Amp! They sound good at bedroom levels through a poweramp but that's about it!!

Comment

Dude, that's FREAKIN' TIGHT!!!

Killer riffage, too!!!

Comment

Nice chugga chuggah there! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The first one and the lostbogner had the best tone IMO, the other ones were to dark. Do some more with the lostbogner tone, it was cool!

and do try Cab #10 it is very good! I use that one and #15 with MHG all the time

Comment

Really you like that lostbogner file tone? I can't stand it! lol So fizzy and buzzy and fuzzy and any other word with two Z's in it!

Comment

Ive just ordered a vamp2. Should be here next week sometime [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Did anybody try the v-amp2's cabinet modeling against the v-amp pro ultra g cabinet modeling, and if so is it worth the extra $$,

Also someone at bossgtcentral.com says he prefers the bass v-amp over the regular one for DM tones, what are your opinions on this ?

Comment

Working...
                      X