X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MP3 featuring the Jazz'R

Shoulda done a video, but...

http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/After_All.mp3

Alesis QSR for the drums controlled by GuitarPro 3 via MIDI, rhythm and lead with the Jazz'R (neck pickup), bass with a Jackson Concert V 5-string. All guitars through an ADA MP-1 and Digitech TSR-12 straight into the PC using an Akai DPS-12 as an interface (no EQ).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: New MP3 featuring the Jazz\'R

Damn, that guitar is toneful and soulful! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] It sounds like a warm humbucker with a bit of Strat quack.

The backing track sorta reminded me of bits of "Wish You Were Here". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

where was the overdrive!!!lol-nice ambience there with a super clean tone

Comment

I liked it, you did a great job. That was an original right? The drums sounded pretty realistic too. Was that an SR-16?

Comment

Thanks all [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Yup, all original, though that little G-A-B-A thing into a G can't be done without sounding like Wish You Were Here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The drums came from an Alesis QSR with the drum Expando Bank I got from Alesis' site.

I used the neck pickup through the whole thing, which is an un-tapped Duncan Jazz. The quackyness may be because I have the action set a bit too low, so the strings kinda spank the frets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Justin - I did think about adding some dirt to the center solo - nothing heavy, just a little dirt, but in the end I decided against it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Very nice Newc, that guitar really has a sweet voice! Now crank up some early 70s overdriven Marshall tones and give us some Santana. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

i think adding a slighty overdriven section in there Newc would be the icing on the cake.wouldnt need anything flash-but either way is cool

Comment

Very nice Newc!
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                X