Drumkit from Hell2 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumkit from Hell2 help?

Dunno if this is the best place but i figured yeah since if anyone is recording at home it's the folk that post here.

I just got DKFH2 and i load the "Metal" kid in kompakt just go get a feel for the program but nothing will play...

I'm assigning the output of the midi track to the DKFH program, it is accepting the signals cause the keys move and it registers input but plays no output...

any ideas guys?

Re: Drumkit from Hell2 help?

sorry i don't have any answers for you but was wondering... is this the program the drummer from meshuggah put out?
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

If you load up kompakt with samples shouldn't you assign the output of the midi track to kompakt?

Comment

i do....

Comment

What are you using for the MIDI tracks?
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Whaddya mean?

I set it up the EXACT same way i set up Battery before i switched. I did all my VST midi stuff in N-track then all the wave/audio stuff in Adobe Audition.

to make my midi track, i export ONLY the drum track from a Gp4 tab same as always then laod the midi in N-track, open Kompakt, then i go to properties of the track and "output" to "drumkitfromhell2" which is the only other option there, then hit play and silence.. yet Kompakt registeres a signal coming in.. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

I am not at all familiar with N-Track, but most DAW sofware works in basicly the same way.
              =====

If Kompakt registers a signal - you got at least part of the routing right. Are you routing the signal from the sampler back to N-Track? You should be. You probably need to either:

a)Make sure your routing is similar to:
              N-Track General MIDI Drum Track > Kompakt > N-Track Audio Track > N-Track Output to soundcard (or whatever device you use to get it to the speakers)

and/or

b)Change the MIDI channel to 10 (or somtimes 16)

and/or

c)Build a Kit in Kompakt - Sometimes samplers have their own ideas of which note numbers correspond to each individual drum, as well as what MIDI channel to respond to.

and/or

d)Change the instrument definition in N-Track to General MIDI drums.
              ----------
              Hope this helps!
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

And if none of this works - use Battery, and use the samples from DKFH2.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hahahahaha, thanks a lot bro!

Comment

Working...
                  X