"Paradise" - improvised melodic solo video w/ Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Paradise" - improvised melodic solo video w/ Mesa

Here's my first electric guitar video submission, performed on my Les Paul and new Mesa DC-2 combo with that smooth warm sexy lead/solo sound I fell in love with!

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...U3OIOWUEK9PFM2

I call it "Paradise" and the solo is mostly improvised over a very beautiful backing track I found ages ago. You can tell which parts are the most improvised as those are the areas I screw up most on rather than the main melody lines. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Go easy on me folks, I am NOT a shredder by any means. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm basically milking one scale for all it's worth. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was also going to post a video of a Satriani cover but I haven't quite done that song justice yet, so when I do, I'll re-record it and post it then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: \"Paradise\" - improvised melodic solo video w/ Mesa

sounds really good, lots of feel and melody, some nice vibrato to.
    im looking forward to the satriani cover!

Comment

Very cool I am a sucker for that melodic stuff...also nice LP.

Comment

Re: \"Paradise\" - improvised melodic solo video w/

Thanks for watching guys. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounded good, and thanks for keeping your shirt on too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've had that shirt since the fourth grade and it still fits me 'til this day! I'm 21 now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's probably my oldest t-shirt and it was HUGE on me back then! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Was very nice! Perhaps a bit too long, but the playing was soulful and nice!
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Nice Work NOTP! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice soulful playing...I could hear myself playing something like that...but at some point I would start wailing with what passes for "speed" in my book! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You showed some nice restraint.

I liked it.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, definitely a little long... damn backing track kept on going and I was running out of ideas! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Restraint? That was me unleashing it all! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't play fast to save my life... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

(: nice stuff indeed
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Very nice NOTP!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, definitely a little long... damn backing track kept on going and I was running out of ideas! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Restraint? That was me unleashing it all! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can't play fast to save my life... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was thinking of taking that main riff and adding to it...I liked the main riff alot. I could just hear ripper mode coming on...at least in my head. I am by no means a shredder like many of the guys here...but I can crank the pentatonic licks pretty decently. I could just visualize some nice modulating tempo licks with mucho bends and vibrato after playing the main riff a couple of times...plus a few quick runs.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Nice job, Priest! Groooovy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            About 3 minutes in you start really throwing in some bends, very nice, great vibrato too!
                            You work well between your pickups I noticed, very handy to have your switch right there! Gee... wish mine was on top too. Waaa.
                            Nice camp shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Emmy

Comment

Thanks everyone. When I learn to really rip, I'll throw in some rippin' parts between the main melody, kind of like how Satch does with a lot of his songs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pickup switching is a MUST for my playing! I cannot play the one-humbucker wonders... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And the pickup switch location is ideal on a Les Paul but looks ridiculous with the switch on top on any other body shape! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The shirt is from my elementary school. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X