Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soloing Contest - backing track provided ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloing Contest - backing track provided ...

Here's a backing track you guys might like. Recorded it myself ... standard tuning. Let's throw down our own leads (video or audio ... doesn't matter which) and later vote on who's done the best job. Winner gets a cookie [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here's the track:

http://www.neohygiene.com/music/backtrack1.mp3
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Soloing Contest - backing track provided ...

Fantastic backing track!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I already worked out a cool melody in my head... gotta find time to make a video now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

lol will let you lads have fun with this.Thats not too bad a backing mate-drums sound a lil feeble but the instruments were fine.

Comment

I think it would be fun for a bunch of us to post solos over it... but to make it a contest? I don't think so. Music isn't a competition. I'd rather see what people come up with and enjoy their contributions than hear a bunch of guys try to 'out do' each other. We occasionally do jams like this at harmony central and it's never a competition, more of a collaboration. Much more fun that way.

Just my opinion...

Pete

Comment

Your avatar is killing me Pete! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Pete ... sounds good to me. I'm just having fun with it, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Join musicianwar.com if you want to cut heads-seperates the men from the boys-even if the fanclub voting sucks for some people.Music can be a competion and is..lol..but any head cutting i will only do there, will chill out here and try not to get into too many fights

Comment

Fine by me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I figured my "winner gets a cookie" remark would've clued everyone in that I wasn't taking the "contest" thing seriously. Sorry if I made it seem like a competition. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Just want to sit back and enjoy the contributions like Pete said. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] All are welcome to contribue. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll get my own up soon.

--Dan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Join musicianwar.com if you want to cut heads-seperates the men from the boys-even if the fanclub voting sucks for some people.Music can be a competion and is..lol..but any head cutting i will only do there, will chill out here and try not to get into too many fights

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just look at it differently. Once your playing is past a certain level, it's all apples and oranges imho. Competition sometimes brings out the worst in people.

Pete

Comment

agreed pete...for that very reason i've never participated in any true guitar contests...to me, music and playing should be one strictly of personal expression...after awhile plenty of players get "good" technically...but it's their own unique "voice" on the instrument that interests me...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The thing is guys your missing out on the best way to learn about recording and playing.We might cut heads there but we also teach and in return learn from other players plenty of new things.Most of the songs there have lots of tab,its part of the rule-no tab no posting!So not only can you hear some great playing(Danny-Kaizen-Ender-ect)you can also check there tab out and learn the lines if needed
                      I have learnt a great deal there from the competition aspect as it has made me improve my recording-mixing-and keep my playing improving rather than stagnating.I think i have been there for about 3 years now-and i have improved a hell of a lot since my 1st days there over many given topics
                      lol i am taking a break there to start on a few projects of my own but i recomend anyone here joining as anyone will learn.There are wankers there like there are wankers here,its the net-its never perfect.But the good guys out number the muppets all the time

check out the latest GWAR mmetup clip that was held in Atlanta a few weeks ago

mms://stream.legiomedia.com/MU2005/2005Trailer.wmv

Comment

lol...i recognize most of those places...i am in atlanta dude...i just don't consider myself much of a shredder...lol...cool video tho...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Cool track [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Had a little trouble d/ling it but finally got it - I'm sure I can come up with something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here's my version:
                            http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/newc_backtrack1.mp3
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow, that was quick, Newc. I've attempted it a couple times already but haven't been in the right groove, so it'll have to wait. Yours sounded really good, especially on the changes. Love the part over 3:30 - 3:59. Thanks for submitting! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X