Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better quality vid clip w/steinberger transtrem :0

http://www.mothrastewart.com/audio/steinbergermovie.wmv

Spliced two different camera angles and figured out how to make the audio quite a bit better. The file is bigger (nearly 5mb, sorry) but it's much nicer imho. I start dicking around with the transtrem after the camera changes angles... you can hear me yank it up and lock it a step above. Then I drop it down for a sec and back up to normal and do a few whammy dips.

Still not sure I like this guitar or not... the wolfgang I bought this weekend (with a biohazard graphic on it) plays as well and sounds as good. The steinberger has more 80s mojo, however.

Pete

Re: Better quality vid clip w/steinberger transtrem :0

Those guitars look really cool, how are they to play? Nice wanking Pete! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

yeahh good playing again.The Steinbergers are realy cool looking gtrs-i will get a black one one day
      Why are you in two minds about this guitar then Pete?

Comment

The trem reminds me of a Kahler... and I'm a floyd guy all the way. It has the little rollers, and the feel just isn't as solid as a floyd - it's very sensitive. Plus you don't get as much travel on the strings - *all* the strings have the same range, so you can't do big pullups on G string harmonics - I can raise a G string pitch up 5 frets on my Model 2 with non recessed floyd. On the Transtrem, it goes up 3. Also can't do the steve vai/brad gillis 'warbles' either.

The things that I dig about it are the neck, and the way I can transpose the thing quickly and easily. There's even a tuning knob that I can spin to drop the pitch 1/2 step in seconds for playing songs in Eb.

I do love the look of it though, and they are one of a kind instruments in my opinion.

Pete

Comment

ahh i can see now clearly its lil faults,cheers

still worth it for the neck and look

Comment

well pete, i've finally finished attaching 4 legs to each of my guitars so they can be used as coffee tables! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              well pete, i've finally finished attaching 4 legs to each of my guitars so they can be used as coffee tables! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              And if you take the necks off and add a little padding on the top, they make great footstools/ottomans...Great stuff Pete...wow. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I'll make clocks out of mine, with the trem bars as Minute hands and the necks for Hours [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice Hammet impression Pete [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X