Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pod XT Live/Satriani/new guitar clip! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod XT Live/Satriani/new guitar clip! :)

http://www.mothrastewart.com/audio/shallabalrecto.mp3

Played a guitar I picked up at a pawn shop today on this, was seeing how well it recorded and also tried different amp models on the XT Live. I gig with a Vetta updated to II firmware, but the XT is my backup that I haven't had to use. There are a few clams here and there, but this is one take.

Can ya guess the guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Pod XT Live/Satriani/new guitar clip!

Where you using the POD XT's wah or a seperate one?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Where you using the POD XT's wah or a seperate one?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was all XT all the time.

Pete

Comment

Nice clip. Great Playing.

I gotta get one of those XT's. Sound so warm.

I got my eye on a Pod XT. Is the XT Live the same thing with a built in footpedal or does it have more options?

Comment

The backing track sounds cold and lifeless while the guitar tone sounds extremely alive and vivid. Not to mention your playing is always smooth and top-notch.

If that is a Satch song, I am ashamed that I don't know which one it is, despite owning eight of his albums. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Is it a newer song?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Nice clip. Great Playing.

I gotta get one of those XT's. Sound so warm.

I got my eye on a Pod XT. Is the XT Live the same thing with a built in footpedal or does it have more options?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! The live is the built in footpedal, and has a variax input (not sure if the regular XT has that). The Live also comes with the fx model pack preinstalled. For the few extra bucks, the Live is a great deal, since it's all in one package. I use mine as a backup to my Vetta for live use - if the Vetta ever goes down, then this puppy is going direct to the PA. I think you can also use the Live as a midi controller also... plus you can defeat the amp models and such and use it as a dedicated floor fx processor.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The backing track sounds cold and lifeless while the guitar tone sounds extremely alive and vivid. Not to mention your playing is always smooth and top-notch.

If that is a Satch song, I am ashamed that I don't know which one it is, despite owning eight of his albums. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Is it a newer song?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the backing was a converted Midi... but hey, I dig the song and will use what I can find! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kind words on the tone/playing... song is called "back to shalla bal" and it's off of flying in a blue dream.

Pete

Comment

Ahh, "Flying..." is the album I probably listen to least. I just don't know why Satch had to sing so much on that CD. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This song has a very "Surfing..." and "Summer Song" vibe to it. Similar heavy-wah guitar tones too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, he always said it was a 'sequel' to surfing with the alien. Shalla Bal was the silver surfer's girlfriend, so he's coming back to her after dickin' around the universe I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    yeah, he always said it was a 'sequel' to surfing with the alien. Shalla Bal was the silver surfer's girlfriend, so he's coming back to her after dickin' around the universe I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

it's amazing that "surfing with the alien" came out in 1987, and is the top selling guitar instrumental album of all time, surpassing "blow by blow" by beck.

weird thing is...no one has ever put out another guitar instrumental album that has topped it in sales...

ok guys...get those PODS smoking, and record the next one!

Comment

Damn! I really think I gotta sell my ME-50 and V-Amp 2 to get one of these. I would use it as an effect unit for my XXX but if my XXX ever went down it would be a life saver.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

pretty cool shiot yo .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

GREATTT!!!!

It sounds so good that I should get one too.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Damn! I really think I gotta sell my ME-50 and V-Amp 2 to get one of these. I would use it as an effect unit for my XXX but if my XXX ever went down it would be a life saver.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a V-amp2 (for sale) and it's a decent unit, but the XT is a lot better. For the money, the Vamps are damn good though. Even if the XT live doesn't sound as good as an amp direct to a PA, it would be 'good enough' to get through a gig, which is all I want out of mine. It would be very easy to set it up as an fx processor only on some patches, and then have some set up w/modelling for direct to PA stuff.

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              pretty cool shiot yo .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! Maybe because I bought the XT Live from an admin here it has extra mojo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X