monitors for home studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitors for home studio

Hopefully i'm posting this in the right forum.My drummer has spent around 2k on recording gear all going through the pc. Only thing missing is monitors.Something that sounds good and isn't really cheap.Prob looking to spend around $350 max.Any recommendations on brands? Thanks

Re: monitors for home studio

I have a pair of Samson Resolv 65a active monitors that I use every day on my digital home studio. I've recorded tons of demos for my band on them and have found the results to be very flat sounding. In other words, when I mix at my house and then transfer the CD to my truck or a boom box, in general, the mix is pretty dead on.

I sell them here for $299.00 a pair. Check them out at www.samsontech.com, let me know if you want to give them a shot!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Here the set I am using. They are pretty cool and dead on, too.
      http://www.djmart.com/tapcomonitors5...tapcomonitors5

Comment

wow..talk about nice monitors! I like the samsontech,matches the color of my studio. Both very nice and very resonable in price. Thanks for the suggestions gents.

Comment

sampson resolve 65 monitors are hard to beat for the $$$...try to get an open box deal from ash, that's their house brand and they get them cheap. or buy 'em from Matt! it's a good deal for a pair of powered monitors.

Yamaha MSP3 and MSP5 are very highly rated, and i like them a lot for near field monitoring.

a lot depends on the room as well....if you have the $$$, go for the yamahas, they are very true and sound good to listen to as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I have a pair of Samson Resolv 65a active monitors
            I sell them here for $299.00 a pair. Check them out at www.samsontech.com, let me know if you want to give them a shot!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
            35 Pleasant St
            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
            781-335-0700
            www.mattsmusic.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Matt,
            I didn't know you carried THESE?! These are just the ones we've been looking at! Now I know who to call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Monitors choice is very much subjective. I use to have an article all about picking the right monitors. I'll take a look around. However, the end result was what seems right to your ears. It was very informative.

Comment

i'll be heading to sam ash to see how much they sell for. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i'll be heading to sam ash to see how much they sell for. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check Ash but give Matt a call, too.....
                  (A friendly plug for a Forum Sponsor and an all around cool Dude [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

M-audio makes great monitors as well. I have a set of BX8's that I have been more than happy with.

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I've got a brand new pair of Behringer Truth 2031A in the box. 299.00 (Mackie clones)

Comment

I use Tannoy Reveal in my home studio. They are almost perfect for the job, crisp and flat.
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

i use the M-Audio BX5

and i F-ing hate them!!!!
                          LIARS!! LIARS I TELL YOU!!
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check Ash but give Matt a call, too.....
                            (A friendly plug for a Forum Sponsor and an all around cool Dude [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

I will definalty give matt a call.Just trying to see what they sell for at ash.

Comment

How are the Behringer B2031A Truth Active Monitors compared to the Samson's?

Comment

Working...
                              X