proceed with EXTREME CAUTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proceed with EXTREME CAUTION

seriously, this one has vocals on it, so before you run for the hills in disgust, i think i actually like the guitar tone better on this older song than the ones that have been posted before this. i really do like this marshall tone the best. block out the vocals and tell me what you think about this horrible piece of garbage. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

http://shawnlutz.com/08-AudioTrack%2008.mp3
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: proceed with EXTREME CAUTION

Holy Geddy Lee impersonators, Batman! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Before I listen...who's singing?

Comment

someone who can't sing. sounds like a vice is tightened around his sack at full pressure just before your balls would explode.-lol, seriously. this is circa '86 before the ada was in my possession.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

ok, well, blocking the vocals..objectively it has a load of energy as the line is always moving.
          I was kinda waiting for something to give it a break. I felt it needed some breathing room or at least another hook for diversity. Personally, you did the break before solo around F#, which was fine.. then to A, after that I wasn't sure where the key was but it sounded like it resolved on D. Your playing was showing fire but it just sounded weird on the whole during that part. I could not hear any bass, was there any?
          Guitar sounded nice and brown tho and your playing was solid with good technique and feel other than the nitpicky stuff. That an old JMP? or JCM?

Comment

JMP, I just realized its '86

Comment

Geddy Lee. Ding! This is the correct answer.

Quality singers are SO hard to come by.

Comment

Holy shitfuck!...did listening to this track take me back!!
                Can't hear any bass....but bass always gets washed on boombox recordings anyway.

Comment

vocals= [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

your playing= [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I got a headache! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Vocals were painful as is the recording quality. Guitar playing was very nice though.

Comment

Hell, I thought it was cool. That's what most singers were trying to sound like in '86. Your playing rocks as usual.

Comment

Damn that's a catchy song. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Great playing Atommy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X