My first experience with DFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first experience with DFH

I just stared using DFH Superior and I thought I'd share.
    This is a song my buddy and I recorded back in the mid 90's. Back then we did it all accoustic in a studio. Here'e the original. watercress (original accoustic)3.1 megs

We've decided to re-record it with a full band (sort of) I used DFH Superior for the drums. I recorded all the bass and guitar parts and my buddy did the hammond B3 at the end (another great plugin BTW). This is a really rough mix with no vocals, but I wanted to get the parts down quick so I could play with DFH. I kept the drums up above the mix so you could here the kit more clear.

Watercress with a full band5.6megs

I will eventually re-do all the guitar and bass tracks, but you get the point.

DFH Superior, the best gear (or software) that I purchased in a few years. I can't wait to record some of the heavier stuff I have been writing.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: My first experience with DFH

Nice Jim.... I like it.... And nice touch at the end with the Hammond.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Brad! It's really just a rough start. But it was a good place to start screwing around with DFH.

Comment

Sounds good Jim. Its got hooks for sure.

Comment

Oh Jim, I love it! Very nice job. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I'm such a sucker for the acoustic so I really like the first one (which guitars were you using?).
          The second one with the DFH is going to be so awesome, you can definitely notice a difference in the dynamics and the drums sound really good.
          I gotta look into this DFH...

Em

Comment

Thanks John! Em, I used an Epiphone for most of that recording and a Guild to fill it out a little bit. The Epi just sounded too thin. Here's a few more that accoustic session.....

Build a Fire

River

Whatever For

I used an old junkie Yamaha nylon string for that last one. It's the only guitar that I've had since I started playing.

Alright, enough with the sappy stuff! I have to start recording some heavy stuff! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] DFH kicks major a55!

Comment

So, Jim, how are the hellacious drums going? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Loved the River song the best. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

What program are you using to record?

How do you use DFH with that program?

I'm starting to get back into PC recording but its been a long time since Cakewalk 3.0

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X