Vetta 2 in the studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta 2 in the studio

Here is a straight up rock tune. No vocals or heavy mixing yet. These are just the basic rhythm tracks.
    Equipment used:

Vetta 2 head running straight into a PC using a Soundblaster live card. We recorded using Cool Edit Pro 2.0
    Guitar is a Les Paul Historic with gold covered pickups.
    The Vetta 2 patch is a 5150 and a Marshall Silver Jubilee stacked together. One is running a 4 x 12 with vintage 30's and the othter is a 4 x 12 with 75's. No cabinets or mics were used. The Vetta 2 was using the direct line outs only.
    The drum reference track is a Boss DR550 MKII and an Ibanez Soundgear bass was used direct into the sound card. There are no effects used except for a splash of reverb. This is just the basic rhythm track for the song. The song is called Nightride. Nightride

Re: Vetta 2 in the studio

Oh yea, I almost forgot. The keyboard is a Korg DW8000.

Comment

I would have liked to hear a mic on the cab to see the difference vs the DI. Sounded a little thin or top heavy to my ears, nothing that couldn't be taken care of during the mix.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

It wasn't mixed or EQ'd. We were going for a straight up rock tone with as little bottom as possible. After listening to it a few times I notice it to be a little top heavy and thin myself. It sounded great in the studio though. I think that Dave's reference monitors are connected to a subwoofer which probably messed up our ears and resulted in not enough bottom end. I will EQ it tonight and repost it. I do like the basic tone of the guitar though. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I agree with Shaun its a lil thin sounding tone wise mate-stick up the bass n mids-and stick a fn scary guitar solo with fat fn vibrato in it now!!
          BTW-encoding to mp3's can be a nightmare-the lower you drop the bitrate the more Freq get lost-EQ tinkering is normaly needed after savage encoding

Comment

Working...
          X