comments please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments please...

Hey I usually just lurk in the forums but here are a two songs for which i would like to hear some comments:
    http://www.quovadis.qc.ca/promo/Break_the_Cycle.mp3
    http://www.quovadis.qc.ca/promo/Sile..._the_Storm.mp3

Please be advised - this is some heavey stuff, the two are from my bands latest album.
    Note to bass fans: Steve Di Giorgio (Testament, Iced Earth, Sadus) recorded the bass tracks.

www.quovadis.qc.ca
    www.quovadis.qc.ca
    www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Re: comments please...

Holy mother of god!

Both of those kick some seeeeeeeeerious motherfucking ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I can't believe you had Di Giorgio playing!

Release an album and I'll buy it.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

thanks! Album is out in Canada for a couple of weeks now. The band will be playing in Germany in March so we're trying to book some stuff in Europe arround the same time. I see you're from Belgium we may be in the area at the beginning of march. ever hear of the MAI school in Nancy? (I think this is the name but I may be wrong)
      www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

fokk.. that drummin is outrageous...nice stuff!!!! cool guitars too

Comment

we had a punchy snare like your goatreign song but the mastering killed it. If it were up to me I would have just released the final mix but there wasn't much we could do...
          www.quovadis.qc.ca

Comment

i didnt master the goat, maybe that's the ticket!

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of the Uber heavy stuff, but man, those are really great songs. Are you from Canada? If so, you're the best heavy Canadian band I've heard since Sacrifice. Excellent stuff.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I think your singer has a cold or somethin' [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
                Pretty cool stuff.. nice guitar work, almost Dream Theater meets Maiden instrumentally or in that vein...still melodic & using dynamics.

Comment

Love the guitars and bass, but that style of drumming and vocals always turns me off. The drumming IS damn impressive, I just think it belongs in a solo rather than through the whole song (Sounds like the Michael Angelo of drums you have on there)! But that's me criticizing the style of music, not your particular band so rock on.

Comment

not a fan of death metal but the guitar and drums are
                    killer.its just the vocals bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaa
                    blua blua blwwwwwwwwwwwww tone the singer down and slow the tempo a bit and you would sound a bit like testament then
                    you would have a killer band nice work though one of the
                    best posts we have had here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

kick ass drumming-fn sweet tracks mate-melodic riffing too and fastwell done

Comment

Boy!! that is killer drumming!! How many limbs does your drummer has?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!! You're from Quo Vadis? Who are you exactly? My guess is either you're Bart or Arie. I have your "Day Into Night" CD and LOVE IT!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I bought it in Montreal back in 2002 when seeing Iced Earth, In Flames, and Jag Panzer at The Medley, and got the CD there for $15 bucks after looking for it for so long!

By the way, for the rest of you JCFers, Bart and Arie are Jackson players as far as I remember. If VomiT is truly Bart or Arie, it is fantastic to have them on the JCF!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, welcome to the forum! You guys are pretty impressive and I'm honored to have you on. (And yes, it really is one of them)

Comment

Well unfortunately its not Arie, he left the band along with their longtime bassist Remy.

I've been a huge fan of this band since I heard Day into night a few years back. The new one does not dissapoint [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

For those interested what Arie and Remy are now doing:

JESTER

Welcome to JESTER, the new musical project by Arie Itman (ex-Quo Vadis), Rob Milley (Neuraxis/Torn Within) and Remy Beauchamp (ex-Quo Vadis). As mainstays of the Montreal metal scene for many years, the trio have pooled their creativity and experiences to create a unique and fresh sound. Having been the main composer/lead guitarist/vocalist/violinist for Quo Vadis since the band's inception, Itman has adapted his trademark sound to Jester, and continues to push it to a whole new level. Adding into the mix Milley's talented guitar work and Beauchamp's pounding bass, Jester will definitely catch the attention of metal fans ready for something new and unique.

JESTER members:

Arie Itman: vocals, lead and rhythm guitar
                              Rob Milley: lead and rhythm guitar
                              Remy Beauchamp: bass
                              Tommy Kinnon: drums

For all those ready for the Jester experience, here are some tidbits and information of upcoming events:

- Join Jester's mailing list. All those interested in hearing about what Jester is up to, as well as any contests and events in the near future, please send a reply to this email address: [email protected] You will be added to the Jester mailing list. You may also email any of the band members with questions or thoughts to this address.
                              - Jester has finalized a full time drummer for the band. We'd like to welcome Tommy Kinnon to the group and we are looking forward to writing, recording and performing new material with him.
                              - Jester is working hard on setting up their website. The website will have demo music of new songs written by the band, bio's, pictures, etc... Arie will also be reviving his guitar column/lessons section that he originally created for Quo Vadis. The guitar columns will be expanded to include lessons/comments from all the other members as well. Many other additions will follow, some of which have never been done before by a band on their website. Any suggestions are also welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X