Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my writers block

decade

After going the last couple of weeks with a severe case of writers block, i was going over this little section of tune from a side project band I'm working with, and
    "the groove" hit me to write a little solo over it. i really don't know why it hit me so strong or why i felt compelled to write over this "standard" type riff,but I'm not gonna question inspiration..lol. excuse the low quality of the track it was just the scratch track that i had learned the tune from. i hope the chemistry don't stop it seems like it is so hard to get inspired anymore. opinions? comments?

MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Re: I broke my writers block

Nice!

Only the change in dynamics, is a bit sudden for me. I'd end the solo on a long sustained note, or on a short fast-paced shred piece. It sounds a bit akward to me atm. Awesome stuff, though!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Dave, that's f*cking cool. I love the whammy bar technique and sweep picking. A good melody in there too. I would sustain the last note of the solo to progress into the ending. But still really cool.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

<font color="aqua">That sounded great Dave, I always love your stuff bro, very smooth...What delay are you using on the lead bro? </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think it's very cool, Dave! Nice vibe going there....wish I could sweep like that! And I like the way it ends.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thanx guys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

G.O.R. &amp; M. Steve....
              its funny about the sustained note comments, cause thats how it was first like this...
              ( sustained note end. )

but just letting it hang seemed lacking somehow.

thanx F.J. &amp; Budman,,,DAVE, do you mean the actual Type and time in msec. or the unit itself?

RON, thanx bro, like i said, i thought the end needed something, it felt like something being said getting cut off in mid sentence, so i through the little whammy legato run on there.

MOSH ON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

That sounds good to me man.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  DAVE, do you mean the actual Type and time in msec. or the unit itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'm sorry, I meant the time in msec. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    DAVE, do you mean the actual Type and time in msec. or the unit itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'm sorry, I meant the time in msec. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Dave,,its the "DUAL DELAY" on my Digitech 2120
                    its a little different from a multi tap, more like two separate delays.
                    the first delay is at 1 sec. and panned to the left,
                    the second delay is 498 msec. and is panned to the right
                    this gives it movement from left to right and a little
                    slip in time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    MOSH ON
                    DAVE

Comment

<font color="aqua">Thanks so much Dave, I'll have to "fool" with that and see what I can get. Sounded great bro [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                      X