Hello/Newbie Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello/Newbie Here

Hello and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to you all. I'm a newbie here and this is my first posting of any kind here. Just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself and post a link to some tunes. I'm a full time musician and music instructor here in Georgia. Thank you to the Mods, members and everyone for such a cool site. From what I've seen already there's a ton of cool info here! Anyways, enough yacking for now. Below is the link to my download page. Hello, Happy Holidays and God Bless to you all. http://music.mp3lizard.com/jbgot/
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Re: Hello/Newbie Here

I just checked out "amazing grace" on your site and it was totally rippin'! Where did you study music?

Comment

I started out taking piano when I was 5. My only birthday presents that year were an acoustic guitar and a piano. My grandfather had played with Hank Williams Sr. and totally warped/brainwashed me with his old road tales. His idea was for me to take piano lessons and then come home and re-learn them on the guitar. When I was little, I thought it was cruel punishment! LOL! I studied piano until I was 16. At 12, I started percussion lessons and played in the concert band in school. Later I studied Music Theory and Composition at the Univ of South Alabama (Mobile). I also did a summer guitar workshop at Berklee and a summer session at GIT/MI. Currently I teach and play full time to support myself and my 3 kids. Matt Smith is helping me get a gig teaching this summer at one or two of the National Guitar Summer Workship campuses, probably the New Orleans and Nashville session. Thank you so very much for taking the time to listen!!!!!!
      DiMarzio Endorsee
      www.dimarzio.com
      Morley Endorsee
      www.morley.com
      "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Amazing! You have serious serious skill and talent!

I find myself wishing more and more that I had persisted in my Music lessons when I was a child. If only I had known back then what I do now.

Shredded Cheddar is even more amazing man!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

And thank you sir for your kind words and for taking the time to listen to my stuff! These were done using a little Boss 1180cd digi-recorder and a podxt in my downstairs studio. Most of the basslines are faked using a 7 string and a harmonizer. Some of the tunes actually come out of ideas that are spawned during lessons with my students and the rest..who knows where it comes from?!? LOL.
          I'm really glad I found this place...everything I've read here has been so positive and helpful. Thank you very much.
          DiMarzio Endorsee
          www.dimarzio.com
          Morley Endorsee
          www.morley.com
          "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Amazing! You have serious serious skill and talent!

I find myself wishing more and more that I had persisted in my Music lessons when I was a child. If only I had known back then what I do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here ..wish I had payed more attention to theory classes ..and when I went to learn guitar at 5 they hadnt said sorry we havnt got a spare one how about violin [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Awesome playing ..I love amazing grace and shredder cheddar ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you very much for taking time to listen and reply Wolf11! You guys seriously rock here. thank you and God Bless.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Working...
              X