Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my lil' Dimebag tribute

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/cowpetefromhellmixed.mp3

Just did a little bit of the intro riff into the solo, and the cool thing leading out of the solo (oh yeah, and the solo). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got the intro/outro riff a little too bassy/crunchy, but what the heck. Solo is third take - first was wah, and I kinda dug it, but Dimebag didn't use a wah. Second take was pretty good, but I clammed it up in one spot, third take was decent and one pass. I goofed around with the rhythm parts when the song first came out, but never messed with the solo until tonight... I may have to talk my band into doing a cover of this song. I know their later stuff was heavier, but this is heavy without scaring people. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: my lil\' Dimebag tribute

Man! the song **** ROCK!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Fong

Comment

One day I will be that good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That rocked Pete!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Thanks man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            One day I will be that good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That rocked Pete!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words. You ever make it out to Tulsa? My band should be playing out starting in January, hopefully. Come out, I'll buy ya a beer!

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man!

Pete

Comment

Cool Pete!

That was [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Oh Pete I LOVED it!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I wanna hear some more.
                  And, man can your fingers ever fly.
                  Thanks for sharing that, you'd make Dime proud! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Pete, great job as always. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] You kick ass. I would love to hear you play the solo to Cemetary Gates if you have the backing track.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Great job Pete! I want to do the same if I have the time. I'm working on Cemetery Gates and Hollow....I have to learn them as I never played any Pantera stuff before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I want to record the entire songs...
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very nice! I dig the bass too...That off beat rocks! Makes you want to: [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

You got some CHOPS Brudda!! Good work!

Comment

Supersonic!! Mastershreddery.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words. You ever make it out to Tulsa? My band should be playing out starting in January, hopefully. Come out, I'll buy ya a beer!

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep me updated on your schedule, I may head that way for a night. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X