Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Metal vibe, Dual-guitar leads

Above The Fray - "Falling On Me"

This is the unmastered version of one of the songs my band just recording. We're a five-piece now, but at the time I handled all the guitar duties.

Equipment I used:

1987 Jackson Soloist with Kahler and EMGs
    Peavey Triple XXX head
    Marshall 1960AV cab
    Alesis Compressor/Limiter/Gate
    Alesis MEQ-230 EQ
    TC-Electronic M-One multi-effects

Re: Old School Metal vibe, Dual-guitar leads

Couldnt get the link to work ..seemed to take me to some web page..where I couldnt see what to d/l [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wolf [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I got it to work. Didn't open a web page, though. Just prompted me whether I wanted to save it or play it.

As for the song itself, man, sounds to me like you've got a lot of different things going on there. Death metal (?) meets Marylin Manson with a dash of punk. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I wouldn't really call it old school, but of course that definition is up for interpretation based on your age. Mention old school to me and I immediately think of Priest, Maiden, etc. I heard old school with the harmonizing solos, but I'm also a sucker for them. Can't get enough of them. Really would like to hear the better mixed version, though.

Actually, don't mind me. I'm just an aging fart stuck in the 80's. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Harmonizing and unisono leads are the best. Nothing beats a 250 bpm in phrygian guitar, other guitar and keyboard solo trade-off.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Funny, not a single one of us is into Marylin Manson. The main riff theme that keeps appearing was written buy a former bassist who is a big Iron Maiden fan, and the rest was written by me. I fall somewhere between Megadeth and King's X on the influences. I hope to have a mixed and mastered version of it soon.

Comment

Working...
          X