In the spirit of the Holidays....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the spirit of the Holidays....

This is a scratch recording I did of "Silent Night" in 1996 during a really bad blizzard before Christmas.

The sound quality isn't that great, and it's before I discovered PC recording (so it's done on good old magnetic tape...remember that?!...LOL)
    Hence...there's quite a bit of tap hiss throughout, especially during the chimes in the beginning. The clean backing guitar tracks were done with a Jackson Fusion directly into the board, and the classical melody was done with an Alvarez classical micd with a SM57 into an Alesis Quadraverb for a touch of reverb.

Enjoy!, and Happy Holidays brothers and sisters!!

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.a...66&aid=614

Re: In the spirit of the Holidays....

"Pretense (Metal)
    Dark metalcore from NJ"

Your Christmas jingle makes me want to kill small animals and drink their blood indeed. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No, seriously, that was a sweet rendition that could probably go on one of those mix CDs that they play at the department stores around the holidays! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Nice!!!

Comment

I like the hiss, it sounds like rain falling, like the intro to "Black Sabbath".
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL!.....nice! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks NOTP!...I kinda thought "elevator music"...LOL!

Comment

BTW the link to Self Generated Hate Machine plays the Silent Night track. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nice catch. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool and well done. That could be on Merry Axemas. I feel like opening presents.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                BTW the link to Self Generated Hate Machine plays the Silent Night track. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding!?...that site is pretty f'ed up with the way they link and playback files!...LOL!
                Gotta look into that [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks Jazzman!

Comment

Pretense is the name of your band, huh? Appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes big guy....Pretense is the name of my band!...har har! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And links are fixed...some crosslink funkiness wuz goin on.

Comment

Um...links are fixed....why the sudden loss of interest?...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Good job, Ken [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I think we need to do a JCF Christmas album around here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Good job, Ken [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I think we need to do a JCF Christmas album around here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, Newc! I'll lay down tracks for the bells (cow, jingle, what-have-ya). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You REALLY don't wanna hear me play anything else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

nice job.

Comment

Thanks doods!

Comment

Working...
                              X