X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha DG-Stomp clip

Here's a clip:

http://members.aol.com/petesguitars/santanastomp.mp3

Sorta crossposted from the Amps thread, but what the heck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: yamaha DG-Stomp clip

I really enjoyed that... where can I hear more?
    At first I thought this was called "Satans Stomp"- then I hear the clip.. OH!! Santana Stomp! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Two thumbs up, man.

Em

Comment

Sounds dang good Pete! Was that a factory preset or did you have to tweak it? I've noticed those and they looked good on paper, or onscreen really. Now I know they sound great too!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Did you run that through any other processing or eq? It sounds good.

Comment

Thanks guys! It was one pass, and I played just a little more in the beginning and after what I posted, but I trimmed it down and chucked it.

That's the DG stomp only - I didn't tweak anything after recording it. It's not the best for super high gain, but for medium gain and lower, it kicks ass so far. I really dig it, especially for the $$$ involved.

Pete

Comment

sounded great Pete, great playing too. Cool that it is a floor unit. The tone kind of remided me of all the 80's top 40's bands solid state'ishsing, you know the overly processed sound top 40 dudes used for gain when they covered a harder rock song [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, it has that 80s Lukather/Toto sound down, doesn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

man amazing tone,i was wondering if u could share the settings,smooth playing as well

Comment

Working...
                X