Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaded Enmity recordings.. Check it out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaded Enmity recordings.. Check it out...

I haven't really talked about my bands so I figured I'd introduce them with two mp3's. The band name is Shaded Enmity and people say we sound like In Flames meets Children of Bodom. Sorta melodic metal with growly vocals.

http://shadedenmity.com/subpage/multimedia/audio/bd.mp3

http://shadedenmity.com/subpage/mult...dio/prison.mp3

Let me know what you think of the music, this was all home studio recordings.

Re: Shaded Enmity recordings.. Check it out...

diggin it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    did you use a vocoder on the begining of prison?
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Cool. Sounds like Amon Amarth.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        diggin it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        did you use a vocoder on the begining of prison?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so... To my knowledge its just an EQ'd sound font called "male choir" or something like that. Glad you are diggin' it.

[ QUOTE ]
        Cool. Sounds like Amon Amarth.

[/ QUOTE ]
        We do? Awesome. I love Amon Amarth.

Comment

Not a big 'Growl' vocal fan - but the music and mix kick azz!!
          [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Not a big 'Growl' vocal fan - but the music and mix kick azz!!
            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool man. I'm glad you can look past the vocals and enjoy the music!

Comment

Wow...what all does your home studio include? You've definitely got some pro-sounding recording going on. As for the comparisons, I can definitely detect some Jester Race-era In Flames in there. Not so much the CoB, which is fine since I don't like them. I'm not usually one to care either way on keyboards, but they sound good...just the right mix with the guitars.
              sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Wow...what all does your home studio include? You've definitely got some pro-sounding recording going on. As for the comparisons, I can definitely detect some Jester Race-era In Flames in there. Not so much the CoB, which is fine since I don't like them. I'm not usually one to care either way on keyboards, but they sound good...just the right mix with the guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inazone, thanks for the comments. I will ask the drummer who owns all the equipment for more specifics, but to my knowledge for the guitars we used an SM57 and a MXL V57m through a VTB-1 Tube Preamp and a M-Audio DMP3 PreAmp. Bass was recorded line through a compressor first and vocals were done with the MXL V57m. Drums were done with some Peavey Mics and a home made microphone built out of a speaker. Everything was mixed and recorded in Sonar 3.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That was pretty cool! Good job guys. Everything sounded very nice. Keep it up.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Gold Moon - Thanks man. I'm actually the oldest person in the band at 21 (I play guitars), vocalist / guitars is 18, bass player is 19, drummer is 20. We're looking for a keyboard player to fully complete the lineup.

Comment

To bad I don't play keyboards. This is some cool stuff, I usually don't mind the growl vovals either. but cool **** none the less
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Awesome another Washingtonian... You in any local bands?

Comment

I just turned 22 and I haven't done **** since I was 20. I kinda went through a thing where I don't want to play drums in a band anymore and I want to sing and play Guitar, I've played drums since I was 3 so I'm kinda revolting against all those years of playing drums. As you can here in my recordings below, I kinda suck at guitar but I love just sitting here and playing for hours after work. I really just want to play rythem and sing in a cover band.
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                          X