Old live originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old live originals

Circa 1989, recorded straight off the tape outs on the mixer.

Man, I drank a lot then.

Keith
    Hellbent
    American Dreamer
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Old live originals

Hey man that was cool. I liked the tunes. Its amazing what a cassette player can record live. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, Gary: that was recorded about 275 miles from your house, in a wooden outbuilding that was always about to fall over.

Yeah, I'm still amazed at the quality of recording we got out of our crappy gear. I'm not saying that the performance was quality, just that we got good tapes for what we had.

Anyway, thanks for taking a listen and a trip down memory lane with me... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

My old band mate and friend of over 20 years TxCharvel, was thinking about posting one of our old 1989 practice songs from that Jambox I was telling you about. He was able digitize it I think and mix it out better. No vocals though, we were in between singers at the time. He's been very busy with work and a new baby, but maybe he'll throw it up here soon.

Later bro.

Comment

I'd love to hear it, but my kid was about 4 months old before I was able to work on anything other than work and sleep. (Congrats TXCharvel!) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] So I won't hold my breath!

These two are raw, but I've taken a stab at remastering some tracks we released on our one and only commercial CD, with mixed results. Mainly because I don't know squat about mastering.

Really nice to be able to preserve that old stuff, though.

FYI, I played bass on those tracks, and was what - maybe 19 or 20 at the time.

Keith

Comment

Yeah he's a busy guy alright. I have no kids and get off at 4:30 every day no weekends so I have alot of time to piddle around. If Patrick wasn't so busy and 100 miles away, I'd beg him to jam with me again and I know he would if he could.
            I just sit home in the evenings and record on my pc with guitar tracks until I can get my new 80's metal tribute band going. Had to track down a bunch of geezers like myself from that era that are still into the stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I've talked to alot of people who'd love to go out and hear the good old stuff again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My ears were ringing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I do have those two Rawhide Assassin tunes digital, mixed and EQd. I used a parametric EQ to scoop out the instruments and put them on individual tracks. It's not perfect but the quality is a bit better.

I'll try and put one up tomorrow. I'm going to bed, the little on will be up in about 4 hours [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                until I can get my new 80's metal tribute band going. Had to track down a bunch of geezers like myself from that era that are still into the stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I've talked to alot of people who'd love to go out and hear the good old stuff again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I wish you lived over here!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X