No announcement yet.

here's another Axe II clip some Surfing with the alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I was up all night playing mine with the new FW10. This thing was great before but now it's GODLY.

Comment

Funny I was just listening to that album the other day and I can barely tell a difference. I'm gonna have to get me a Axe FX to screw around with and record. Gotta find the money for it though
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

So the Tone Match function works well then? I don't mean to seem skeptical but it almost seems too good to be true. How does it work?

Comment

you can find plenty of threads on it over on the FAS forum, but in a nut shell, there are 2 ways to do it .
          One is with a real amp and cab in the room, the other (which I do occasionally) is with an isolated guitar track.
          you drop in a tone match block into your patch, set it up to be as close to what you think the "real" track is sung.
          On this one I used a marshall JVM amp with a basketweave cab with V-30's in it. feed the recorded track into the left input of the
          the tone match. hit "X" and play the track long enough to record a good sound wave. then hit "Y" and play the same thing you just played in
          from the .mp3 or .Wave thru the patch . Stop and then hit "match" or whatever it is (I'm not in front of my Axe right now)
          and it matches (pretty close I usually have to do a little additional Eq-ing).
          for this one I used the beginning of "Crushing Day" matched it and then added a clean boost and an 80's style chorus to emulate his lead tone.
          I've also done this with Petruccis solo album "Suspended Animation" and got a great Recto patch out of it. it matched "damage control" almost to a "T".

they don't always come out good (I did the VH 1 album too and that worked great) but sometimes they sound like crap and are unusable.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
          X