No announcement yet.

"Within the Pain" sleepy vid BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree Bill. In a band situation what i have often thought and felt is,... as often as singer is the last guy that comes into the situation, that songs that have been written should be looked at as really just a template of ideas that are most likely subject to change when a vocalist comes in to write lyrics or create the melodies over them. If a vocalist is musically inclined and has a good ear and knack for writing, things would most definitely change in the song structure, at least a little. If they are actually musically talented they might bring a melody or vibe to the song that the other players wouldn't have thought of themselves, and songs can take on a whole other life of their own than first envisioned.
    Being that in a traditional band the singer is the most important aspect and almost always the defining factor between Great, and everything else. A lot of guitarists, myself included, write for the riff, but it's important to keep in mind or be open to whatever you wrote should be entirely subject to change.
    I more recently i've attempted to write riffs with vocal lines in mind from the start. It's quite a different challenge. So far what i've attempted has come out sounding sort of bland on it's own i think, unless you knew what the idea of the vocals sounded like over it.

It would be pretty cool to be a fly on the wall in the studio or practice room with like say,.. Iron Maiden. Where they have a super adept riff writing machine going, and then a super adept singer - and to see how much of the original ideas that were presented remain in the final version of a song.

Comment

Sounds great, reminds me of Jeff Loomis! What guitar is that?
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Once again, awesome work Dave. Makes me want to take all my guitars and just throw'em away and then sit down and rethink why I'm wasting my time dickin around with a geetar. LOL Keep rockin my man.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          Sounds great Dave. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. I love your riffs and how they intertwine and eventually come back to the beginning without ever really feeling repetitive. I think I am becoming somewhat of a fanboy!!!
          Thanks John,,, Playing this would be much harder without your battle Axe

Originally posted by Trem View Post
          I don't mean this to sound the wrong way, or that your playing is generic in any way. But when i listen to some of your vids, i think you would be good at doing backing tracks for video games - hope that doesn't sound negative. I just mean i often hear a quality where you could listen to it over and over on a loop and they create a feeling of motion and doesn't get old. So like a backing track to a racing type game, or even cruising down the road in real life. Again, i mean it as a compliment.
          Naa,, no dis brother,, I've actually thought about doing that before,,I just have no clue where to start to break into that sort of thing........Hell, Somebody sign me up

Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
          Sounds great, reminds me of Jeff Loomis! What guitar is that?
          Thanks man, That axe is the very bitchin work of playable art that is my DS7V Doberman 7 string. made by our very own JCF member Ulijdavid.( top quote)

John is an awesome builder and a kick ass guy all around and will take care of all you needs with a careful eye and great attn. to detail,..And I'm pretty damn OCD anal about details
          ...just ask him

Fuggin top shelf all the way for sure . and If I wasn't currently un-fuggin-employed,, I would already have been sending out cash for the next wicked Axe I'm wanting built......errrrr....... one day

oh,,,,It currently has a BKP Aftermath P'up in it.......devastating

And yes, she is fully scalloped

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
          Once again, awesome work Dave. Makes me want to take all my guitars and just throw'em away and then sit down and rethink why I'm wasting my time dickin around with a geetar. LOL Keep rockin my man.
          Thanks man,,,,, I'll send you my shipping address for you to throw them away to..

MOSHON
          DAVE
          Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 10-24-2012, 10:51 PM.
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

What the fuggin' shit is that...jeezzzz fuck my ass with that axe!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's Fuckin' amazing!!!!! Outstanding axe Dave!
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Thanks Rodrigo,, she is bad ass for sure.

Bill,,,it would make your Peepz squeek

MOSHON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Dave I got dibs on that fucker ..if ya ever want to part with it.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mosh, thanks for the pics of that guitar. Man that is just way, way cool.The fretboard is a work of art. I love the bite out of the headstock. Oh yeah, nice playing bro. Heavy.

Comment

Damn skippy on the guitar and the riffage.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Damn skippy on the guitar and the riffage.
                        Peanut butter on my guitar:think:....well only when I'm naked
                        Thanks for the comps brother.

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                        Mosh, thanks for the pics of that guitar. Man that is just way, way cool.The fretboard is a work of art. I love the bite out of the headstock. Oh yeah, nice playing bro. Heavy.
                        Sup Bob,,,yeah it's sick

Yeah me too, I get allot of comps on that. I think it's cool as hell. It's what I think of when I think of a Doberman,,,getting your ass bit

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Dave I got dibs on that fucker ..if ya ever want to part with it.
                        Brother Bill...It will probably be one of those "Cold Dead Hands" deals but one can never tell what the future holds,, so it seems your at the top of the list

Besides,, it's hard to see here, but it has MOSHWITZ stamped in with the model and serial on the back

And I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Dark marsupial rubbin all up by my name,, cause you cant lie,,, I KNOW you would be playing it naked.....and I might get some weird vibe off that.

MOSHON
                        DAVE

Comment

One can't perform epic two hand plus pud tapping runs in one's clothing.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                          X