J50BC Clip (USA Rhoads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J50BC Clip (USA Rhoads)

HEy lads, I'm new to this board, so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section....

I've just thrown the BKP out of my old beloved RR1 and put the J50BC back in, since I didn't have a JE1000 I used the EMG ABQ instead...and damn, how could I have ever replaced the j50bc with something else?
    it's very tight yet juicy and the bark on the open low string is just ridiculous....

enjoy in 1080p HD....and excuse the sloppy playing

Tasty!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Dude, hell yeah! That sounds AMAZING!

Comment

Very nice. Welcome to the forum. That's not an RR-1, though, as it doesn't have MOP sharkfin inlays or ivoroid neck/headstock binding.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've just replaced the fretboard with a plain ebony one, hence the lack of inlays.

Tjis one is a San Dimas RR1 based on the student line (no binding) but with some upgrades (compared to the regular student line).
          Back then Jackson was essentially just a custom shop, so you'll see RR1s with many different specifications from that era (well, I guess I'm not telling you anything new)
          Last edited by metalaxe; 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I think the RR1 designation came later...maybe early 90's. Someone will chime in that has more knowledge than me.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Alvin is correct. The RR1 designation did not come around until 1990, so it's actually a Custom Rhoads. Everything was custom made to order back then. The Student line also had rosewood boards and dot inlays.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a J50BC in a H-S 1988 Dinky and through a Marshall is does a VERY nice EVH tone.

Someone said these are muddy? WTF?

Comment

thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                  X