Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orion - Metallica (Live Cover in the Space)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orion - Metallica (Live Cover in the Space)

Hi people!...

This is my Orion cover;

More powerful version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bho6u1qt80c

Remastered version; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNk-...ature=youtu.be

Old version; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SBqhhSIvCQ

All critics will be appreciated.

Take care!...
    Last edited by KabaK; 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM.
    Life can be good with right people.
    Andi Deris

Sounds good. I would work on your bends, most of them were quite out of tune. Other than that, great job!

From time to time, I actually practice just bends, both whole and half step, and sometimes even larger such as 2 and 3 step bends. Pick the note you're going to bend, say 17th fret on the E, pick 2 frets higher for your ear-19th fret, and bend the 17 up to it. Do it slowly until you reach the pitch perfectly. I do this about once a week.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Thanks mate!...

Also, I couldn't play well last solo but this is my best at the moment.
      Andi Deris

Comment

Yes I aggre with AXE with bends. When you're listening..can't you hear that the pitch is off? This is sometrhing I always wondered about many players.

Oh, back to you. Ummm Play with more fire. Good players are not just strumming the right notes. Try using a harder attack when doing the palm mutes. Also..this is something I tell my son. Vibatro..vibrato..vibrato. Bend the note to pitch and just feel the note...like a singer does when holding a note. But vibrato is another book in itself really.

Honestly, I practice what I preach for decades. I still feel weird about posting a video. I see all these men, boys, and 7 year old asian girls that could hand me my ass.

I was the best guiarist in the world before Youtube came around.

Bill Z Bub
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Totally off topic, but next time my band plays the Cleveland area, I'm totally hitting you up to jam Bill.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Yes I aggre with AXE with bends. When you're listening..can't you hear that the pitch is off? This is sometrhing I always wondered about many players.

Oh, back to you. Ummm Play with more fire. Good players are not just strumming the right notes. Try using a harder attack when doing the palm mutes. Also..this is something I tell my son. Vibatro..vibrato..vibrato. Bend the note to pitch and just feel the note...like a singer does when holding a note. But vibrato is another book in itself really.

Honestly, I practice what I preach for decades. I still feel weird about posting a video. I see all these men, boys, and 7 year old asian girls that could hand me my ass.

I was the best guiarist in the world before Youtube came around.

Bill Z Bub

Thanks dude!...

What do u mean by saying "play with more fire" and "harder attack in palm mutes"?
            Andi Deris

Comment

He's saying, let your hair down, put some balls into it, have fun, melt faces... When the stars align, and you FEEL it, it comes ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by KabaK View Post
                Thanks dude!...

What do u mean by saying "play with more fire" and "harder attack in palm mutes"?
                Well, I play VERY hard. Sometimes If I'm playing a different guitar I'm not used to..I will destroy the pup cover in one song. I've done that a few times. Watch ANY old Eddie Van Halen vids..that's all the "fire" you'll ever need to strive for. Even thou he picks weird. Just pick harder.

You seem bored in your vids..and that conveys to the listener. Oh, you'rer also blending to much with the original recording. Turn that down more so people can hear you better.

Your rythm has very good meter...so that's a great thing.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  He's saying, let your hair down, put some balls into it, have fun, melt faces... When the stars align, and you FEEL it, it comes ALIVE!
                  That was better put...yes!

Metal is supposed to do...all of that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Well, I play VERY hard. Sometimes If I'm playing a different guitar I'm not used to..I will destroy the pup cover in one song. I've done that a few times. Watch ANY old Eddie Van Halen vids..that's all the "fire" you'll ever need to strive for. Even thou he picks weird. Just pick harder.

You seem bored in your vids..and that conveys to the listener. Oh, you'rer also blending to much with the original recording. Turn that down more so people can hear you better.

Your rythm has very good meter...so that's a great thing.
                    Hmmm... ok, thanks mate.

About the original rec, I just want people to hear the beats because it makes the song more vivid, particularly basses of the original rec are too loud. but i see what you mean.

And thanks to Axe btw.
                    Andi Deris

Comment

And this one is "more without" the original track!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBpW9ihVslk
                      Andi Deris

Comment

Seriously..it's not what you play, but how you play it.

Oh, and watch anything "Moshwitz" Dave post in this section..along with Jani. They're VERY good. Jani does many "fun" versions of covers. He also has an original band as well. Many great players here to get advice from. These JCF guys gave me so much great info..for life.

Oh, get to know some of us in other threads. The JCF is a pretty diverse lot..lots of human dynamics and chemistry...and stuff.

Later, I gotta poop.

Billz
                        Last edited by horns666; 01-30-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks dude... Btw previous jeff loomis video was great. I was away for dinner and you cancelled it. I'll find it on y.yube and share on my fb page
                          Last edited by KabaK; 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM.
                          Andi Deris

Comment

Ahh ..you caught that Jeff Loomis vid. I love that guy!!!I canceled my Facebook though..I hate that place. It's much too contrived to me. I have issues!

Be Good man,

BillZ

Comment

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8eDc0iE0A8

Comment

Working...
                              X