No announcement yet.

Metal Modal Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool stuff, Cliff. I tend to stick to either the aeolian og phrygian modes of the natural minor with the band, but I try to mix it up a bit sometimes by using other modes.

Comment

Thanks Javert!
      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Jeesh, even I understand what Mode is... it's how cool you dress... I'm not a prophesional in all these musical theoristix and whatnot... you just put on clothes that are cool and play a tune. It's just a key of the tune or a specific section of the tune. You know C Major or C minor... but not all tunes are in that... there's sharp, flat or sometimes sushi knife sharp cuts in the notes. So when you axe the fourth fellow.. the key isn't C Major (or whatever you call it in that old Homeros language) anymore but C Lydian or some shit. That's the key of the tune regardless what you are doing over it... no matter what scale shapes you use and how you call them... if the notes fit with the notes of the key then you are playing "in the mode" also know as "playing in the box" or "being a cheap ass motherfucker for following stupid conventions and not using all the possibilities" or just "I want a big apple strudel and not play jazz".
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
        X