Guitar Battle Verses Slash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Battle Verses Slash...

It`s red, blue, red, blue, red, green, blue is`nt it???

Hehe, nice job.
    I see you got one of the cooler pro mods too

Comment

Cheers Trem,

That`s an MIJ straight out of the box with factory strings on it...
      I don`t know a whole lot about guitars but I don`t think it needs anything cause if it ain`t broke don`t fix it...

Thanks for watching, happy travels and rock on!!!

Comment

^^^ Anyway it did`nt take me too much longer than that to break a string... Guess I popped her cherry hey!
        I changed the string but the action jumped up a mile... It`s off at my luthiers ATM for a pro set up, he`s gonna block the trem for me too.
        He does good work so it`ll come back pretty nice.

I do like that burst job too...

I`ll stop being a thread whore and dissapear now

Comment

You are a beast!
          “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

^ Glad you enjoyed it dude... That one was fun to do.

That floyd never got blocked BTW... the dude forgot to do it. I started using the bar alot after that for vibrato on chords and blues sixths and other bluesy stuff until the `You Can`t Do Double Bends on a Floyd` thread came along and now I`m screwed!

Comment

Its not so much you or your playing but you can't seriously be suggesting that the hand vibrato and attack on a TOM Bridge on a Les Paul isn't way more responsive than a floyd on a strat type guitar, add to which its fat sound.

now maybe that dude was wrong...but...2 step+ bends are way hard on most average floyd setups where all you end up doing is pullin the floyd out at 90 degrees, well I do with five springs and '10's on the thing. Always afraid I'm going to break it it something. Horses for courses. The pro mod is an articulate versatile thing but a Les Paul it is not. BC Rich's come closer with the shorter scale length.

Other than that I loved it. I've got a boxfull of old GNR blues bootleg cassette tapes from '86/87 ish, used to study them everyday years ago.

You can play Slash sort of stuff on a pro mod but it sounds sooo much better on a Les Paul.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Yeah, I dunno man,,, I just bend the strings where they need to go... 9 gauge strings help alot... so does the compound radius fretboard and jumbo frets... Check out my Foxy Lady vid or You Shook Me if you wanna see some double stop bends and floyd abuse at the same time... I can bend the strings on that wildcard through the roof when I want to. It really is one sweet machine!

I think you`re dwelling on this too much instead of just listening to what you`re playing though...
                Don`t worry about what bridge you got,,, just play the fucken guitar I think...

Seeing you`ve revived this thread he`s another vid
                I just did this one on a hardtail.... Just for you

Comment

Haha You play FYL like me..pinchin' notes. My VH bud always yelled at me for that.

I can't do this kinda stuff without going into a flow blown spazz.

I think you beat Slash personally..: )
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

^^^ Cheers Billz, and tell your friend I agree with you... That riff definitely cries out to have the shit squeezed out if it.

I just learnt that one yesterday, just for something to do, the first VH song I`ve ever had a try at and also one of the easiest ones I suspect...
                    I was having fun learning it, drinking and fooling around with the brown sound on my tonelab, so I decided to get drunk, practice it hard for a few hours and record it, drunk, EVH style,drunk! Just to give it that authenticity... of you know, being drunk!

The solo I played on it kinda sux dogs balls, it sounds rushed with no real feel, it just sounds rushed and mechanical and there`s some real dud notes in there too. It still sounds like a fair effort overall though... it is what it is I guess.

It`s definitely PUB standard

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                      It`s definitely PUB standard
                      it's about as good as you'll ever get out of me playing EVH solos. And that's sober! I get to play two of them in our set.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Are you playing verses or versus?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^^^^ I dunno man, ginsambos` got me headfucked with the floyd thing again,,, really headfucked... Which one do you think sounds better? I really don`t know man...

Ginsambo, try thinking about it like this...
                          The information goes into your ears and is interpereted by your brian which tells your fingers what needs to be done...
                          If your playing an LP and switch to acoustic a series of adjustments have to made to your technique.
                          If you go from an acoustic to a tele, same thing, adjust your technique.

So what`s so different about a floyded guitar? Nothing really, except for whats in your head about...
                          Sounds to me like somewhere along the line, in your ears/brain/fingers process of the playing the guitar, someone has impressed upon you that you cant do this or you cant do that while your playing a floyed guitar when really what you`ve been told is complete bullshit!

Also, and I`m not having a go you personally, but, playing around with the set up of your guitar and leaving comments on a forum about the pros and cons of a floyd is completely different to actually spending some coin on your axe by taking it to someone who makes a living out of getting these things right.
                          Which means paying someone for a pro set-up, and then form an opinion based on that.

WOW, this is heavy... Why I am still talking about this:think:

I think I need to lie down now...

Comment

Slash wins. He is smoother, has better vibrato and better bends. I like your guitar better than his though.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              Slash wins. He is smoother, has better vibrato and better bends. I like your guitar better than his though.
                              ^^^^ Thanks, I was really going for a guitar part to complement Slashes`, not compete against it, but make it musical, you know....
                              After Slashes other guitar was deleted there was enough room for me to do my own thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X