Old practice tapes, forgotten songs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old practice tapes, forgotten songs..

Feeling nostalgic, i went thru some disks i had from when i started transfering old practice cassette tapes over to digital while i had use of a tape deck for a short time in like 2004.

Found this at the very end of a tape from 1993, never saw the light of day.
    Basically cannon fire song arrangement where i had all these parts to fit together and just tried to make it thru it without f-ing up too much.

Anyway, it's rough and clocks in at 7 minutes, lawl. This is about when my style started to change from the thrash i was brought up on to more death metal influenced of the early 90's.

The tape was 11 or 12 years old and had probably been recorded over and over dozens of times so it was kinda faded, So i decided to drop it into Reaper ( i'm starting to try and learn this Daw thing now) and cleaned up the hiss a bit and raise the level, also tried a cab IR so it didn't sound so much like the worst black metal demo ever or something, lol.

Again cannon fire was just trying to get thru it. Usually when am feeling something i throw everything that i come up with in that sitting (when your in the moment and your feeling the mood of it) throw everything that works together at it and then gradually start removing things later that may be not needed to fine tune the song.

Posting in part for more myself to get over the fear of sharing my music, usually i'm pretty hard on my self and probably thought this sucked 5 minutes later, but it has some ok riffs in it i guess for the transition i was making stylistically.. I was bored of all the bands i grew up with cause they were sucking, and the younger guys coming up on the dm stuff were really making me feel like i had to up my game. Felt behind the curve.

Feeling that way today, lol,...but this Daw shit, man woulda been a godsend back in the day.

Anyway..Bombs Away.. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10315668
    Oh,
    Old fernandes revolver with a jb in it into some red DOD distortion box (most likely) straight into my boombox.

Last edited by Trem; 02-26-2011, 09:27 PM.

Nice work, Trem. Spastic Ink meets Death?

The link you provided can't be clicked, so here's a working one:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...howPlayer=true
    Last edited by jackson1; 02-26-2011, 12:09 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Ah, Thanks for that Henrik
      Last edited by Trem; 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X