X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red&Grey (instrumental)

Hey all!!!

PLEASE READ BEFORE LISTENING!

Its been years since i have posted anything, especially in this section.

this is a project that my friends and i started, its purpose was to write a progressive metal/fusion,,,whatever.... song and send it to one of our favorite guitarists and ask him to play a solo over a certain part of it. He agreed but it will take some time from his end. so we also made a shorter version of the song that we could listen while he is doing his part-

Note that I ONLY PLAY A SHORT SOLO, everything else is done by my friend Raimond Virsa. Due to some complications we had to use programmed drums ( We live in Estonia so no big surprise there).

Lastly i didnt want to make a flashy solo with lots of fast licks, since i knew that Raimond and Eric Glass will probably add enough fast lines (i hope Eric will do so as well) and i didnt want the final version to sound like a lick competition ( which i would have lost. So i kinda just went with the flow and tried to make it go somewhere comp. wise.

I used Endrik s Mark III for my solo sound, but what you will hear doest do this great am justice, E himself was not there and i still cant dial those things in . The biggest regret is that i should have turned the gain down quite a bit, since some of the exotic sounding runs that start from low e string, sound just like muddy 2 note per string pentatonics which they are not.

enough of Excuses Here is the song. Name Red&Grey.

If possible please don/t use laptop speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My solo-- 03.34 - 04.23

http://www.myspace.com/raimondvmusic...-Grey-78468564

JC

Listening to it at the moment. Sounds good. Progressive. Really digging what I'm hearing.

You need a Jackson guitar on your main photo!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thank you Sir! And you are right, will add a profile picture soon

Comment

I'm like what I'm hearing but I could use a cowbell, I need more cowbell.

Honestly, its good stuff. I enjoyed it alot.
        Very melodic which I dig.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Sounds great man

Comment

Impressive! I really enjoyed that...

Comment

Soap, Trem, Trussord thank you for listening and commenting! Will add more cowbell to the final version:P

Comment

Working...
              X