My first recording submission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first recording submission.

So, what do you guys think of the tone? It was done using a Jackson DK2T tuned to C-standard and AXE-FX. Thanks for listening!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9242197

--Sam
    Sam

compressed and scooped and way too much bottom. It actually sounds completely digital.
    You need to lower the gain and the bass, add some mids and take off the compression. I would also mess with your mic placement and even your speaker choice.
    That tone is generic "modeling amp Metallica" type tone.
    If thats the tone you were going for.. you nailed it.
    I hope I don't get flamed for this response. I usually do.
    Thanks for posting and I hope I am helping. I have done a TON of recording. Try mixing the tone you created with something like a 5150 or an SLO100.

Comment

The chords were heavy, but that's not very difficult to achieve. Getting a great heavy tone for chords that also sounds good for single notes--esp. high notes--takes some work. If you're like everyone I know you'll change your tone again and again over the years constantly tweaking your amp and effect settings to get the sound you want.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, that was done with firmware 9.3 and my "noobish" tone sculpting experience. I think with 10.01 my tones have got a lot better and I'm using way lesser gain than before.
        Last edited by emperor_black; 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM.
        Sam

Comment

I hear you. Keep experimenting. Less gain and more mids really sounds great when you use drop tuning. Keep posting your clips so I can see where you are progressing.

Comment

Working...
          X