Old band recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old band recording

Im not sure if this is the proper place for this, but heres a link to a video with decent audio recorded at the Alrosa Villa in 2009 when my band played there in march. If you can make through the goofy intro, after the second chorus theres a full on shot of my DKMGTFF through the entire solo(if you can call it that). Let me know what you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloRTur_jlM
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

It was solid, I made it through the whole thing.

What was the other guitarist playing? Couldn't see it very well but it looked like something you get with Rock Band or Guitar Hero.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

That's where Dimebag was killed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
        It was solid, I made it through the whole thing.

What was the other guitarist playing? Couldn't see it very well but it looked like something you get with Rock Band or Guitar Hero.
        He was playing a Godin(the exact model escapes me). He was playin through my Marshall and I was playing through my Randall Titan that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
          That's where Dimebag was killed, right?
          Correct.

Comment

Interesting, I made it through the whole thing as well!
            I also noticed you have the 'I'ma plant my right hand ring finger on the body of the guitar thing'(me too - I've tried the friedman crippled up claw(it's not for me)). Too bad the mix was so 'ate up'(bleeding thru). Not exactly where I'm going, but nonetheless enjoyable ..... keep it up bro!
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              Interesting, I made it through the whole thing as well!
              I also noticed you have the 'I'ma plant my right hand ring finger on the body of the guitar thing'(me too - I've tried the friedman crippled up claw(it's not for me)). Too bad the mix was so 'ate up'(bleeding thru). Not exactly where I'm going, but nonetheless enjoyable ..... keep it up bro!
              yeah, Mustaine and others try to push the "hold the pick with 3 fingers and dont rest on the guitar thing" sighting that you can play faster that way because your fingers are all close in together('course, the way I pick, my unused picking hand fingers dont move cause theyre "anchored" to the body of the guitar and the motion is achieved through the wrist and fingers that are holding the pick) , but to me it feels uncomfortable and unstable to not have my spare fingers anchored to the body. I can play just as fast as Mustaine with just my index finger and thumb and I think having that anchor point with my ring and/or pinky provides much better precision. To each his own I guess. I also never use my pinky for solos(use it for out of reach notes in rhythms though), its just what feels most comfortable for me.

Comment

Working...
              X