Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Axe-fx Wankery

Sup?

I posted this somewhere else so I figured I'd put it up here too anyway,,I was Dicking around with the VHT model in my Axe-fx to see what I'd come up with and did this clip from my tune "All The Kings Men"

I was just having fun making the patch, so there's no real mixing, the drums are just a stock BS pattern from DKFH,,,the layout in the Axe goes,,, Ts808, VHT model, Peq, German cab(ENGL of some sort) (no mic sim)... S/pdif, direct into Cubase, quad tracked 100/80-80/100,,HP@80,, LP@10K in the group channel. Today I gave it a little bump at 5K and a little comp added.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8098918

Playing is kinda sloppy and the parts are not as tight as they should be as I haven't been playing like I should lately,(especially now I have the Axe,,Tweak ,tweak, tweak ) and my wrists hurt and hands have been swelling lately due to my day job(Drywall Finisher :wallbash: ) so I can hear a little combing cause I'm not spot on,,But I think I'm kinda diggin this model. I need to try some brighter cabs to try to bring it out a little more without any EQ.
    I'm still not 100% in love with the patch just yet, but I'm having fun tweaking

Also,,,,,,,I did this one last Monday with the "Energyball" model (Engl Powerball)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8070223

Same kind of shit,, no real mixing, and I just threw a couple of stock patterns together in DKFH for the drums. There is no post on this one,, 100% direct in,,, then rendered to MP3.

I'm diggin that patch too, but It still needs a little something also.

Damn I love this fuckin thing

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Dicking around? You call that dicking around? Why don't you put some effort into it next time.

That sounded pretty damn good.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yeah, sounded pretty damned bitchin' to me. Quit with the modesty, pal!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dave kicks serious ass!!! I keep telling him he needs to get this stuff out there.

Comment

hell yeah. that shit is kick ass

Comment

Hell, I've paid good money for cds with nothing as good as those clips on em.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Sup?

Damn,didn't expect that,,,,thanks for the comps guys I'm not worthy

I just wish my hands didn't hurt like they do lately(fucking Drywall)
              then maybe I would be up to par to rip out some real shit,,
              hell one of the groups I jam with have been waiting for a song that I'm mixing that is done now,,, all but my solo,,,, for over a month now cause I just cant hit this simple run in my solo that this time last year I would have just laughed at.
              you can see a really sloppy old version of it here
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1mVHkomRs8

Its the Ascending run at around 42sec.(which is played wrong in the vid too)

But anyway,I'm really diggin the Axe so far, this has got to be the coolest tone creating device I have ever purchased,,it just figures I get the thing and my playing goes to shit

I'll throw some more clips up when I get some more patches sounding in the ballpark of what I like. I think I might play with the CA3+ or maybe one of the Bogner models next.

Here is the first "Energyball" clip I made,,Its a clip from one of my tunes called "the Hunger",,,its kinda low in volume though and nothing impressive.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=8043310

MOSHON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

damn
                "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Wow, impressive playing and songwriting Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to more clips of you playing the Axe FX.

- Leo.

Comment

Working...
                  X