Def Lep, Poison and Cheap Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Lep, Poison and Cheap Trick

Going to the show this Saturday here in Phoenix and was curious if anyone else here was going?

I manage to get kick ass seats in the second row sec 102 (closer to Phil's side of the stage), so the view should be great.
    -Rick

some good friends went here in raleigh - they said that poison and def leppard were very good. but take advantage of cheap trick's set to use the restroom and get beer/snacks while others are suffering - not my review - just passing along a helpful tip
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, do you think CT's performance was bad, or is it a matter of your friends not being into CT's kind of power pop as opposed to DL and Poison, 80s hair metal? Just wondering....
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I went to the show Tims reffering to, and it was good. I got there a little late and just missed Cheap Trick but I've seen them 3 times before anyway.
        Like I said, it was a solid show, CCs guitar playing was a little over the top but from what I've heard, that's pretty normal for him live. Hopefully Joe Elliots Voice will be in a little better shape when you see them, it wasn't terrible here but you could tell he was struggling, especially with the high harmonies. It was still a killer show though. Well worth seeing.
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Have a good time! I didn't see it when they passed through Chicago but I heard good things.

Comment

I saw that show here at Jones Beach. We were a bit late and missed a few Cheap Trick songs. Rick Neilson was was kinda messing around the whole time, had cable issues and his coat flap was in the way of his picking hand most of the time. They were good though. Not many people were in the place for them, most still tailgating. Poison was good but it seemed brief. Not a long set at all. DL was great. Im not the biggest DL fan but I had a real good time for their set. Lots of crowd participation, singing along. Phil showed off lots of his Jacksons. They had a very full sounding live sound, nice mix. Both Viv and Phil sounded great. I think you will enjoy the show. I posted a few pics in another thread somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              Tim, do you think CT's performance was bad, or is it a matter of your friends not being into CT's kind of power pop as opposed to DL and Poison, 80s hair metal? Just wondering....
              They definitely wanted to see Cheap Trick - they like the music - just the playing and singing was unbearable.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Went to the show last night and all I can say is Poison rocked it. Great performance.
                CC was a little overboard with the wanking though.
                CC's solo was a hack job at best... I've done better running through warm-up scales.

As for DL, ehh... predictable show. Nothing new.
                I realize Viv just lost his father a few weeks ago, so he gets a pass.
                The rest of them, Phil included, looked like they just phoned it in.
                Phil was more interested in flirting with this one chic all night.
                Mediocre performance at best.
                And yes... Joe's voice was shot.

I missed Cheap Trick.
                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                X