Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Ted Kennedy

Sen Ted Kennedy dead at 77
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Maybe Mary Joe can rest in peace.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

RIP Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Thanks. I see the mass media hasn't got the stones to bring this up. The man never should have had a career after that crime.
        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Not surprised he died. He's been fighting brain cancer for almost a year now.
          Scott

Comment

I've seen 2 small blurbs about Mary Jo in the articles today but both were very very small.
            "After Robert Kennedy's death, Edward was expected to waste little time in vying for the presidency. But in 1969, a young woman drowned after a car Kennedy was driving plunged off a bridge on the Massachusetts resort island of Chappaquiddick after a night of partying"
            Later in the article.
            "But he never fully escaped the cloud of the Chappaquiddick accident. A decades-long argument arose about whether he tried to cover up his involvement by leaving the scene while Mary Jo Kopechne's body remained submerged and whether police helped sweep such questions under the rug. All involved denied any cover-up."

I don't wish death on anyone but I won't miss him either.

Comment

So many things to say... But you know, respect for the dead and all.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

He did some good and some bad in his life. I try to applaud the good and forgive the bad, we've all done bad in our lives too. May he rest in peace.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

That was my first thought when I heard the news this morning.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned the "probably killed his girlfriend" thing to my wife and she had no idea what they were talking about. The Today show's coverage kind of mentioned it, but glossed over it.

It's amazing what some people can get away with. :dunno:

Comment

Sorry no respect for Ted, but cancer is a terrible way to go!

Allright Ted jokes;

Did you know that Ted Kennedy lost his glasses?
                      He drinks straight from the bottle now
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

RIP Ted.

Now maybe you can take responsibility for Chappaquiddick and ask forgiveness form your maker!
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well, I'm all for people to get a 2nd chance within bounds of reason. He was a good senator, like it or not. But he'll always be remembered for Chappaaquiddick, the Au Bar night in Florida, and not for being a good senator, and conquering his demons.
                          Life is vicious, even when you turn things around, it never ever stops being a headache.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

me too Tommy, forgive and forget, learn from your mistakes and move on. If I were a Kennedy I'm sure I'd have way more demons than I have now
                            Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Tommy, what song are the lyrics in your sig from?
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X