Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends

On JCF we have some meaningful internet relationships with other members. Certain memebers may call themselves friends, and on occassion may meet eachother face to face. But here's what I am wondering, How many people on here are actual "friends?" Here is my definition of friendship for the purposes of this thread. Some you see at least 20-30 times a year, usually some yuo knew BEFORE JCF. But the main idea is that you live in the same area and maybe work or go to school together, and hang out a lot.
    My good friend from school RR666 has joined, it got me thinking, and wondering if anyone else has any "friends" (by my standards) also on the forum. Obvisouly this isn't mean't to make internet friendships seem less important. Just a simple question, please don't over think it.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Well, Jacksons Shred knew me from a few years ago before JCF. I should mention that while he's a desert dweller (Californian), I'm a drunk Eastern European living in Ireland, hoping to get out of this shitehole, so it goes to say that no, we don't really know each other.

Anyway, that's an interesting way to look at the meaning of the term friendship. For me, a 'friend' is a slightly different type of character; I probbably had no more that 5 friends my whole life, living in two countries, having moved a number of times and trekked god knows how many miles by land, air and sea. Of course, the several hundred people I'd deal with and see on a daily basis, because I'd feel like it and not due to obligation (school, job, etc.) are simply just some people that know my name, even if I have spent a good few years with them. Simply wouldn't rely on them to even get me some chewing gum, let alone watch my back.

Anyway, I probbably overthought that one... Ah well, let's see what comes out of this, shall we? I should do a N. American trip some time, so I might run into some JCF bros. sooner or later. I hope.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Yeah, thats not really my definition of a friend, but thats what it needs to be for the purpose of this thread. And that's why I made it so long, and with so many "disclaimers" is because one thing I have learned from JCF is there is WAYYYYYYYYYY too much personal interpretation.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

New thread how many people have friends with benifits on Jcf
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
          Well since the JCF is largely a sausage festival, that thread could get ugly.

Comment

While I would not be a part of it, be my guest.

Comment

Haha ya I just kinda realize how jcf is mostly guys...That was a little gay. We need tacos pronto
              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Haha ya I just kinda realize how jcf is mostly guys...That was a little gay. We need tacos pronto
                True dat. Sandman should come up with an ad campaign that appeals to girls, like find someway to advertise on like a clothing site or in shoe stores.
                (obvisouly that was a joke)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  True dat. Sandman should come up with an ad campaign that appeals to girls, like find someway to advertise on like a clothing site or in shoe stores.
                  (obvisouly that was a joke)
                  Wasn't talking about women I got the munchys and suggested to my friend that we should go get some tacos...sadly it was denied becuase driving under the influence of weed is illegal aperently pfff. Jk:ROTF:
                  Jackson Shred

Comment

I have many true friends here and I have met several.

Comment

Shouldn't answer while drinking...lemme get back to ya LOL

Comment

I have a VERY special friend on here, who pretends that I'm a troll fol-de-rol and that hard sweaty anal BDSM gangbangs with strangers are not their thing.

But we know different, don't we?

Wouldn't want to embarrass the person by naming them, and I think that I've managed to keep our relationship quiet, apart from the odd tiny slip-up, but I think we got away with it.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've never met anyone here in person, but I do consider a number of people here to be true friends, because we got to know each others' personalities conversing here, and they have come through for me in situations where I would consider anyone doing that to be a friend.

Bill Z. Bub, Atomic Tommy, Ron RacerX, John G., Annah, Emmy, Jeri, Chuckracer, everybody that helped me after Katrina when I couldn't get meds... you can't tell me that they aren't true friends just because I haven't met them in the meat world.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            I've never met anyone here in person, but I do consider a number of people here to be true friends, because we got to know each others' personalities conversing here, and they have come through for me in situations where I would consider anyone doing that to be a friend.

Bill Z. Bub, Atomic Tommy, Ron RacerX, John G., Annah, Emmy, Jeri, Chuckracer, everybody that helped me after Katrina when I couldn't get meds... you can't tell me that they aren't true friends just because I haven't met them in the meat world.
                            The man says it like it is!
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Blazer was a good friend of mine until I pissed on his car seat. I don't know what the big deal was?

Comment

Working...
                              X