Experiences buying used from GC, long-distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences buying used from GC, long-distance

Hey folks, I am in the process of trying to work a deal with the folks at Guitar Center on a used guitar. I've bought lots of stuff from them locally, but I've never done a deal with a non-local store. For anyone that has, can you tell me your experiences? Were they willing to negotiate on price at all? How did they handle shipping? Did they work with you to resolve any potential issues post sale? Any info you can provide woud be great. Thanks!!

-Kenn

i bought a guitar off them through a phone converation. the transaction went WAY smoother than in person, at my local store. the GC was in tennessee and everything was great. the dude even moved on the price more than they guys in the local store....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

GC Pittsburgh - top notch, never any issues

Got a used Carvin 6 string bass from Cali a few yrs ago (can't remember which store).. asked for in hand description, as the pics weren't that great.
      Bought it, but there were a few dings (cosmetic only) that were not in the description. However - for a USA made, neck-thru bass with KILLER ebony board, 12 months same as cash - for under $350 shipped with case- who the hell am I to complain?!? ;o)

Re-reading your post: To answer the parts I missed.. they shipped via UPS I think, and it was rolled into the cost of the item.
      When I called regarding the cosmetic issues, the kid was apologetic, and the mangher was as well.. no discount or anything. Like I said - that bass for that price.. i really didn't have much room to gripe.
      Last edited by Wayniac; 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I'm interested in this, too. But both of my local GC's refuse to budge at all on any used equipment due to their new "fixed pricing" scam... I mean, scheme. Something like, they can't deal on the price unless it's been there for 90 days. I shudder to think what kind of damage could be done to a guitar during a 90-day stay at Guitar Center so if I really wanted it, and it was a reasonably fair price, I bought it anyway.

Comment

A few year ago I tried with an Indy GC - to get a KE1. They had it on the bay for $850 and I wanted to pay $750. He wouldn't budge.

Looking back I guess I should have given in

Comment

Bought a new guitar from them long distance and worked great. Had to pay State sales tax though, since they are in about every State.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X