Time for the Big Trip Report 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but it probably has the more mopeds than any other city in the world
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hey my mom is from Nottingham. It's sweet to know I could be part cro-mag.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
        Nah, it's because you live in Nottingham and no one there can fucking read.

Do they also still point at planes?
        No, but then I don't give a shit what other people in this county do.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          No, but then I don't give a shit what other people in this county do.
          Then why comment?

Plus if I was on about the county I would have appended 'shire' to the end of it. I'm not saying everyone from Nottingham'shire' (see what I did there?) is undereducated and somewhat backwards. I was intimating that it was people from a certain parts of the aforementioned county.

Have I lost you yet? Don't worry, just look up and point, all will be well...
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

... because you asked me a question. As I said, I'm not aware people point at planes here. I am aware that a lot of people in Nottingham are dumbass chav's. But I would imagine you encounter pikey filth wherever you go. I speak to plenty of them on the phone. Next time a Sky customer says they've got "Insert your viewing card", I'll ask them to hold the card to the sky...!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wilksy-Baby, sweetness, nice try, but not quite good enough. Good to see you are trying though, rather than just falling back on calling people twunts or trolls. You should have said something along these lines:

"Next time a Sky Customer says they've got 'Insert Viewing Card', I'm going to bend over, spread my arse cheeks and tell them to insert something. The view is breathtaking"

And please refrain from using such racist slurs as "pikey filth" or I'll complain to the Moderation Team. The phrase you require is "thieving, workshy pikey scumfilth".

By the way, how's your Dad these days? Just asking.....

Things are changing in Nottingham though, the residents have realised that those annoying noisy metal dragon-fly things are actually quite a lot larger and higher up than they look and that witches ride in them. These witches summon the Rozzers, thus bringing the night's a-burgling to a premature end with a dumped Vauxhall Nova and a race with a police dog. Apparently they are not dragon flies, they are hell-ee-coptras or something, innit.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by rsmacker View Post
                things are changing in nottingham though, the residents have realised that those annoying noisy metal dragon-fly things are actually quite a lot larger and higher up than they look and that witches ride in them. These witches summon the rozzers, thus bringing the night's a-burgling to a premature end with a dumped vauxhall nova and a race with a police dog. Apparently they are not dragon flies, they are hell-ee-coptras or something, innit.

Comment

Nice try? I'm not trying anything. I live in a nice town a dozen miles outside of Nottingham. Rozzer? Innit? Stupid chav language. Blow it out your arse Rslicker. The only chav's we have here are kids who can't afford to go the local school and have obviously been influenced by the "towny massive innit" crap. They don't bother anyone, unless they want a good smack around the ear from the policeman.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Nice try? I'm not trying anything. I live in a nice town a dozen miles outside of Nottingham. Rozzer? Innit? Stupid chav language.
                    I fear there are Americans reading this with a greater understanding of the word "irony". And Germans. Probably.

So is your local school one of those posh toffs' ones where buggery and sadism are rife? That explains a lot. Funny, I didn't think Hucknall had a Public School.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Nowhere near Fucknall
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Topical and scathing at the same time.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Awww, fucking hell, I forgot to mention something very important - the soundtrack.

Yes, the tracks I particularly enjoyed listening to and singing along at the top of my voice as I trundled along.

We have, in no particular order, and by no means an exhaustive list:

Van Halen - Panama.
                            Johnny Cash - Best of (Inc that covers LP he did not long before he croaked)
                            Metallica - Kill 'em All
                            WASP - Dirty Balls, Mean Man
                            Saxon - Crusader, Dallas 1PM
                            Vio-lence - Oppressing the Masses
                            UFO - The usual "Best of" type stuff, ie all the hits
                            Scorpions - As above
                            Judas Priest - As above, notably Desert Plains and Hell Bent for Leather. And Beyond the Realms etc. Suffice to say loadsa Priest.
                            Hardcore Superstar - My good reputation
                            Guns n Roses - Spaghetti Incident
                            Cro Mags - Age of Quarrel
                            White Devil - Reincarnation
                            ACDC - High Voltage
                            Buckcherry - Probably their whole back catalogue
                            Ozzy - As above.
                            Anti Nowhere League - Animal, Woman.

oh, and a load of cheesy "Peasants' Guide to Classical Music - The bits you know from adverts and that film you like".

You get the picture anyway.

It's a great memory, cruising through Italy, in the warm morning sun, very quiet wide roads winding through stunning scenery with majestic sweeping bends I can anticipate and judge for miles in advance, singing "Panama" at the top of my lungs until I'm hoarse. Fucking heaven.

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                            X