working out without weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working out without weights

So my gym is closed for 4 weeks right at the time when i wanted to do some intensive training. i don't have much equipment at home except for the odd dumbell with around 17.5 kg of weight. ive been working alot over the past months and have acheived a level of strenght that i dont want to loose when the gym opens again.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any tips or exercises that can be done without weights. i know that i can do push ups , sit ups and pull ups but would like to continue with my all body workout .
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

I would think if you continue to eat healthy and be active you shouldn't loose too much of what you have gained. Perhaps this is a good chance to throw in a totally different exercise regime for a few weeks to keep your muscles confused, then go back to your regular workouts in a few weeks. My .02$
    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
    Zakk Wylde

Comment

Find another gym?

Figure out ways to use your own body weight i.e. like sit ups and such, but adjust the routine to target other muscle groups. I'm not familiar with the "technical terms", but to work the side muscles you could do sideways pushups (one handed, turned on your side) - you shouldn't have to get full arm extension, just enough to get the muscles working. You could also lean against a wall and push away. Adjust the tension by leaning further out.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You can always intensify push ups, sit ups and pullups so they bring more kick.

Pushups are one of the ultimate ways to excersize without weights, because they can be modified to work different muscle groups. One way I used to work on my wings, was to get a friend to hold my legs while I walk on my hands a full basketball court, giving 10 pushups at the half line. That was tremendous help considering how simple this is. Also handstand pushups are a good excersize.

What part of your body exactly do you want to excersize? That pretty much dictates how elaborate you can get with your work outs outside of gym. Uphill and long distance runs are also great. Different pullups, such as with legs held forward are also good. You can be creative and make your own weights if need be from those small beer kegs, by filling them up with sand, and using that. Plus you get the excuse to down a full keg of brew, so it's fun and rewarding. A solution to something in a true JCF fashion- getting wasted while doing it
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

i want to work everything

my routine at present is

monday: legs and shoulders
          tuesday:cardio
          wednesday:chest and triceps
          thursday: cardio
          friday:biceps and back
          saturday and sunday are rest days

other than that nice ideas i hate cardio and used to ignore it like the plague , ive since realised that the last half a stone im carrying is not helping with my muscle tone so i have had to start cardio

Comment

Jump rope is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
              Jump rope is good too.
              Hopscotch is better!
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Go and lift some heavy pints of lager and some kebabs, build your beergut up, like a real man.

Failing that, lift your sister up, I hear she's a real dumb belle. Arf arf.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Or you could try this guy's routine:

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
                      Hopscotch is better!
                      I was being serious ya azz Good cardio stuff
                      But Newc's idea is WAY better!! If ya live....

Comment

thats why boxers do it

Comment

Isometrics.You can utilize a small amount of weight and still get the desired effect.......
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                            I was being serious ya azz Good cardio stuff
                            But Newc's idea is WAY better!! If ya live....
                            I know ya were, I just wanted to throw ya off. Ya know, good ole JCF dicking around.

Jumprope is definitely really good cardio. It also works your reflexes like a sumbich, too!

Some stuff we used to do in PE class in my old schoo, was running up and down stairs, normal, backwards and sidestep, with different step combinations, not skipping a step. The school was 4 stories with an extra flight of stairs for the underground area, plus and odd 5-set inbetween ground level and underground just to piss ya off! So you can imagine it wasn't my favourite activity our teacher would make us do. Try the stairs, killer cardio.

Comment

Because of my condition I'm VERY inactive yet still strong as a fuggin ox.:think: I'm sure that'll catch up with me tho.

The only thing I do is curls. I have one 45lb dumbell and I go at it all night when listening to music. That's it..So my arms look good. R- 18 1/2", L -17 1/2" ..my stupid kid always measures em like they're gonna change overnight.

I lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks by switching ALL carbonated drinks, reg/diet pop with water. I don't use salt anymore or very little "Salt Sense". I'm a hair over 5' 8" and weighed 246, down to 226. I wanna lose another 20, then I'm good. I'm a solid 200 lbs. Anything below that, I feel/look "too thin" IMO. Besides, it was always much harder to handle people whenever I was under 200 Lbs..I'm a good sprawler.

The best thing about losing weight is I can see my entire PP now and that's awesome. It's like seeing a very dear old friend again!!!

My kid is obssesed with getting a 6 pack. I wish he work on his upper body more, but getting abs is more important to him. So he does crunches ALL fuggin' day..everyday!
                              Last edited by horns666; 07-16-2009, 06:46 AM.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X