Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GW Top 10 Shred Albums

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/top_10_shred_albums

Found it interesting. I predicted YJM would be 1, and I knew Surfing With The Alien would be on there..But I gotta bitch about that for a second.

Surfing, is not a fucking shred album and Passion is over-rated.

Other than that the list is great, probably could have had a few others but whatever.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

I agree with YJM. A good portion of the list was predictable. And before either yourself, or Bill says it, 'Where the fuck is Loomis, motherfuckers?!'.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I agree surfing isn't really a shred album, it's just an instrumental album.

Passion is a shred album and I think quite a good one. For the Love of God can still give me chills during the whammy flutters.

While I don't necessarily agree with the rankings (except #1) most of those albums are desrving of being there.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Michael Lee Firkins CD was boring...Passion and Warfare is probably about the best guitar record of all time if you take the scope of it. Like the CD or not it really did push the limits of our instrument. I think Satches Flying in a Blue dream would have been there instead of Alien...Much better record.
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I'm surprised Nirvana didn't somehow make it. They seem to make EVERY other list these mags create. I'm just sayin...
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
            Michael Lee Firkins CD was boring...Passion and Warfare is probably about the best guitar record of all time if you take the scope of it.
            You have clearly been slamming the crack pipe. Puff puff pass, not puff puff puff puff puff puff puff.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

It's Oxy's from my recent surgery if you must know...HA
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                I'm surprised Nirvana didn't somehow make it. They seem to make EVERY other list these mags create. I'm just sayin...
                Yeah, most of their lists are abysmal.

Wooo! Powers of Ten! That's a great album.

Edit: I can't stand Joe Satriani.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Not really a bad list. A few I would pick is actually on there. I didn't expect that. When these list were complied just a few years ago..man, they were pathetic. Players like Tremonti, Tom Morello, and Wes Borland ect would be on there..and were!!

I can understand "Surfin". it was a landmark for a guitar instrmental record because it was the first one to go gold at that time I believe. ZRock promoted and played the shit out of that record, and I liked it alot at the time. Unfortunately some of those songs didn't age very well.

..and yes..where in the fuck is Jeff Loomis. He put out that badest shred album out in nearly 20 years IMO!..WTF??!!:think:

Anywho..I could compile the best guitar albums both band and intrumental. But of course I'm biased to metal/shred oriented stuff. Fuck that shit that sounds like you're watching the fuggin' Weather Channel. It would be hard to just pick 10 tho..but I do have my "Must Haves.

Satch has my badge..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Top 10 anything lists are bullshit.

Prime example... anything from rolling stone mag.

Top 10 guitarist.... Ill bet you that one of them will be Neil Young or Kurt Cobain... what the fuck?
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                      Top 10 anything lists are bullshit.

Prime example... anything from rolling stone mag.

Top 10 guitarist.... Ill bet you that one of them will be Neil Young or Kurt Cobain... what the fuck?
                      ..YES!..exactly. I do my own research to find the best players on the planet. I don't need the media to dictate who I should and shouldn't praise. Man, I hate that. Same with people like Tiger Woods and Lance Armtrong. I hate everyone I "supposed" to admire!!!

..and most people eat that shit up like grazing cattle. I hate them too!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ever notice on these list they will get some right, like they may pick Stairway to Heavan as the best rock solo of all time, but #2 will be like Freak on a leash by Korn? I mean I would not argue too much about SWTH, but somewhere in thier top 10 is something new that doosn't even come close...I hate these lists too, and I don't watch the Grammys or any other awards shows because of these dunder heads....When Metallica lost to Tull-that was it for me...I knew then we know more than they do...
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Wait a minute...I just had a headache with pictures again..I mean a thought...Why don't WE do this list? I think we know Fucking shred better than them.We should do a poll and find out what we all think is the top 10 shred records of all time...LET IT BE SAID...LET IT BE DONE...
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

When it comes to GW, it's always a polularity listing. Most of what they put on is over-rated anyway. Page, Van Halen, Hammet, Slash, Young and some other twat from time to time will always pick the top spots. Fucking assholes.
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I'm shocked! That's actually a pretty good and authorative list. You don't usually see that from a magazine...

Comment

Working...
                              X