is there mandolin in the fade to black recording from ride the lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there mandolin in the fade to black recording from ride the lightning

is there mandolin in the fade to black recording from ride the lightning ?

I've got a friend who swears that through out all the accoustic parts that there are mandolins recorded, I say he's like a soup sandwhich(fucked up).

So any thoughts on this?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

It was probably effects, weird tunings or capo placed to get pitches .. but I don't know for sure.
    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

I can't hear a mandolin.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Based on watching A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica about 1200 times, I can comfortably proclaim that there was ZERO mandolin in Nothing Else Matters. The only thing in that song is 100% pure, uncut, unadulterated "lame."

Chicks dig it tho...
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I can comfortably proclaim that there was ZERO mandolin in Nothing Else Matters.
          ?????????????

Comment

Just listened to it again. Definitely a 12-string acoustic. Doubled once the solo ends.
            Last edited by Spivonious; 06-15-2009, 09:45 AM.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by leftybob View Post
              ?????????????
              Huh-huh - I'm stoooopid.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Based on watching A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica about 1200 times, I can comfortably proclaim that there was ZERO mandolin in Nothing Else Matters. The only thing in that song is 100% pure, uncut, unadulterated "lame."

Chicks dig it tho...
                It's still better than The Unforgiven, and James' guitar solo rocks!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Chicks dig it tho...
                  Agreed. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Comment

The bashers come out of the woodwork No mandolin, though all the guitars and such were tuned a little higher than standard tuning, as well as drenched in reverb quite a lot.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'm still wondering how I went from Fade to Black to Nothing Else Matters - must have been pre-coffee this morning.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

The mandolins were played by a dwarf, and the plan was to lower him down on a wire at the back of the set, dressed as a Leprechaun.

Large Oilrig put a stop to that though and said there was only going to be one ridiculous short-arse on the stage, and that was him.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'm still wondering how I went from Fade to Black to Nothing Else Matters - must have been pre-coffee this morning.
                          It was classic Grandturk ! Embrace these moments, they may only increase down the road ... lol

Comment

Working...
                          X