Eye surgery - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye surgery - anyone?

I'm curious to know if anyone here got some kind of eye surgery to improve their vision?

I'm 40 this year. Been wearing glasses since 7. My vision is quite low but has been stable for years now (I've been using contact lenses since the age of 18).

I would love to have no glasses or contact lenses.

I know there are pros and cons about this. So if any of you can comment it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

In a similar boat; I'm a couple years younger, but have had needed glasses or contacts since i was 7 or so. I've asked my eye doctor about it, and she said that I would benefit from it, but I'm 20/15 with contacts. If I got eye surgery, I'd consider anything worse thatn 20/15 as a waste of time. They only guarantee 20/20, so I say whatever. Would it be nice to wake up and see? Sure. But I've lived the majority of my life this way, and I'm fine with it.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
      Would it be nice to wake up and see? Sure.
      The magical words!!!
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

i've known a lot of people who have gotten the laser surgery. over 10 people, and only one had a nightmare. his eyes and face puffed up, which can be normal right after the procedure, but he was hucklefukked for almost 10 days.
        i guess the one thing to think about is that 1 in 11 or 12 is phenominal when you're talking sports , but not your eyes-lol prices have come down drastically, making it even more attractive, i'm so sick of my contacts.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

then again, I see so much clearer now that i've been on the level for more than a year now-lol
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
            I'm 40 this year. Been wearing glasses since 7.
            In a similar boat; I'm a couple years younger, but have had needed glasses or contacts since i was 7 or so.
            LOL There must be something magical about being 7... that's when I started wearing glasses, too! I'll be 37 next month. I started wearing contacts at 18, did that for a few years and got sick of them. Started wearing the contacts again a few years back, got sick of them again and am staying with just glasses. I might go for the surgery eventually.
            My uncle got the surgery a couple years ago (and he was pretty much blind as a bat without glasses) and he sees perfectly now.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I guess I have a different perspective on this since I am younger... So, I have been wearing glasses since 5th grade (which is about 6 years). I feel fine with wearing glasses. Yes, it's a pain when riding my quad and having to wear bigger goggles and not just throwing my helmet on. With that, it would be nice to wake up and not have to worry about putting your glasses on like you guys said. In conclusion, I am fine with wearing glasses. Plus, I just look weird without them.
              Gibson SG Standard
              Jackson DK2M Dinky
              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
              Roland Micro Cube
              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

My buddy just had it done 2 months ago and he said it's worth every penny and would recommend it to anyone. The first week afterwards is a PITA, but he sees perfectly now.

I've been thinking about it and prolly will get it done this year myself.

Good luck!
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

My mom got hers done several years ago, and had some issues with dry eyes for a while, but she's fine now. My wife had hers done a few years ago, and also had dry eyes for a month or so (they give you drops to counter-act the dryness). Her sister also had it done around the same time. I know none of them have regretted getting it done for a second. I guess the latest procedure only uses laser, so no guillotine thing cutting part of your eyeball!

Comment

I liked it so much, I had it done twice!!!

Seriously though it is the best spent money I think I've ever had.

And yes I did it twice. Apparently my eyes weren't quite done "growing?" at age 37. I started at 20/40 vision, corrected it to 20/20. A year later, it was at 20/30 WTF?!?!?

But I had the lifetime guarantee and they honored it.

I went back in at age 38 and had it done again I'm now at 20/15. It is great!
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      then again, I see so much clearer now that i've been on the level for more than a year now-lol
                      Congrats bro ! keep at it !

Comment

OK guys, I'm convinced. Now I just need to find where I'll get it done. Thanks to everyone!
                        JB aka BenoA

Comment

You guys are talking about LASIK, right? For a long time I was a-skeered of the scalpel actually cutting the cornea (before the eye gets lasered), so I was waiting for an "all laser" procedure. Some people have told me that this now exists...

Oh BTW, glasses since age 9
                          contacts since 16
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep, I,m like you RacerX, I was expecting people to talk to me about "eye laser surgery".
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

Would it be nice to wake up and see?
                              One of my biggest wishes!!

Glasses since 10, contacts since 14/15. I'll be 20 next month.

Comment

Working...
                              X