Our show got bumped for Michael Schenker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our show got bumped for Michael Schenker

So, we have been booked at this venue for over a month..maybe a bit longer...tonight I see a bulletin on myspace that Michael Schenker is playing that night..Uhm...ok.

Of course NO ONE is answering their phones to confirm or deny this. From the kick ass flyer..I can only assume it's true so far. Grrrrrrrr...

I know stuff like this happens, but it's still frustrating..I had people coming from out of town to come to the show and spend the weekend with us.

Maybe you're opening for him?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL...not a chance LOL...4 bands...him, 2 locals and Texas Hippie Coalition...we were playing with 2 other bands..so I doubt if it's a 7 band night LOL on a Thursday

Comment

Jeri,

Sorry to hear this. I'd try to press the owner for all bands to play - do they have an outdoor area? Different things might work out, and it would be awfull cool for you guys to be on a bill with MS!!!!!
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
          LOL...not a chance LOL...4 bands...him, 2 locals and Texas Hippie Coalition...we were playing with 2 other bands..so I doubt if it's a 7 band night LOL on a Thursday
          Maybe. I saw Nevermore on a Thursday night on the Dead Heart In A Dead World tour, Opeth went on right before them, before that was Angel Dust, and before that there were at least three or four local bands.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Turn up for the gig, sink a load of booze and stagger about completely pissed, unable to play properly. Why not, that's what Michael Schenker will be doing!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

if it's any consolation Jeri, at least you were bumped for a legendary player.
              it's not like "Hank and the Hernias" got the gig over your band. Still sukks though,
              sorry about that.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was at a show once where the lineup was this:

local band, "first show ever", friend of the owners
                local band, winner of battle of the bands
                Odin's Court, regional tour opener
                Devin Townsend, national tour opener
                Symphony X headliner

Doors didn't open until 7, Symphony X didn't go on until after 11PM. I can tell you that there were lots of pissed off people in the crowd, since the ticket and calendar on the venue's website only listed Devin Townsend and Symphony X.
                Scott

Comment

I know what it's like, my band opened for Vengeance which is a Dutch metal band with a big following. So we had every reason to expecte a BIG crowd at our venue.

We sold plenty of tickets but I suddenly discovered something that would pull the rug from underneath us. I ran into a former high school class mate and asked him if he wanted to come to our gig and he said "Sorry dude, but I'll be at the big gig in Nijmhegen." I looked at him with a quizzical look on my face "Are you telling me that you don't know that AC/DC will be playing that night?" OF COURSE I didn't know, I was busy planning and plugging our gig.

To make a long story short, the venue we played was all but empty, there were about twelve people in the audience and around twenty from the crew of the venue.

Comment

so what happened all the people that bought "plenty of tickets"? They bought tickets to see your band and then bailed to see AC/DC anyway?

Jeri, that sucks. Hope you can get it sorted out with the venue or promoter to your satisfaction
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      so what happened all the people that bought "plenty of tickets"? They bought tickets to see your band and then bailed to see AC/DC anyway?
                      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        I sold about six tickets of the ten tickets I had to sell, around seventy were dispensed between bandmembers, and a further seventy were sold by the other bands playing there, god knows where they all went.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Doors didn't open until 7, Symphony X didn't go on until after 11PM. I can tell you that there were lots of pissed off people in the crowd, since the ticket and calendar on the venue's website only listed Devin Townsend and Symphony X.
                          Oh man, that's the NORM in San Diego! :ROTF: You'll never know who's been mysteriously added to the bill on the day of the show. And it's the same at ALL the venues in town!

Back on the original topic, I would keep that night open anyway - MSG canceled their original tour earlier this due to - get this - "visa problems"...you might get called into action at about, oh, 8pm...

I also didn't know Visa was a distiller now...
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

hell out of anyone at least it's Schenker
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Oh well, they called last night and cause they bumped us on the 18th (Thurs) they offered to move us to Friday the 26th. Much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X