iPod Touch fans - need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Touch fans - need your help

A buddy of mine at work got one of those cool iPod touch. The model he owns has a mic and he can even use it as an internet phone if he's linked to a wifi network.

I've been traveling a bit more with my job lately and this iPod looks like an interesting device to have as you can carry movies/music/access internet and even play games with it. I don't need the "phone" functions as I already have one supplied by the job.

So my main concerns is, is it a good time to buy this unit or Apple is thinking releasing something new in the coming weeks?

I'm always afraid to buy those techno-gadgets as they are always putting something new at a so fast rate.

Let me know!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Wait at least until Monday when there should be new things announced. I haven't heard anything specific to the Touch yet but the iPhone is rumored to be getting a big change. They might announce something for the Touch as well. Possibly more memory.

I have a 32gig Touch and love it.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks! I'm in no hurry anyway.

My buddy has the 16mb I think.
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

FYI: Typing on it sucks.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          FYI: Typing on it sucks.
          I don't have a problem with it. I like it better than my Blackberry that has a full keyboard. It's a small device so it is different than a full keyboard.

Comment

16gb iphone here and 32gb itouch for the wife - go whole hog and get the iphone - screw the workphone. itouch is only good if you're in constant wifi connection - i guess if you sit next to a wireless router all day - but then you've probably got bigger things to worry about.

typing is easier in landscape, but you get very used to it - i check the forums from my iphone all the time.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Also ATT was offering refurbed 3G iphones for almost 1/2 price. Got my wife a 16gb 3G for $149. The 8 gig was $99.

But yes, wait till monday.

Comment

Ok thanks guys! I do not really need to phone options. I mostly looking for a good all around media/game device for when I wait at the airport or in the plane. My 3 years old Sony MP3 player is still good but these iPod offers so much more!
                JB aka BenoA

Comment

If Apple announces a 32 gig iPhone next week I am moving to that and ditching the Blackberry. When the iPhone first came out it did not have good Exchange support and I needed that for work. The last OS update had better support but my wife bought me a 32 gig Touch. I want to move to one device and I use all but four or five gig on the Touch.

Comment

I have the 32g IPOD touch...I love it apple even gave me $50 for my broken IPOD for a trade in..You can get refurbed ones online for $180 I think too..The apps are waay cool.I have a drum machine and metronome and a bunch of chord and scale apps...It's really sweet...
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X