Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button makes it 5 out of 6! (F1 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button makes it 5 out of 6! (F1 content)

Awesome race today. Jensen Button now has 5 races out of 6 in the bag, and a solid lead with 11 races left. It certainly looks to me like he is going to pull it off and win the championship. I know that anything could happen with 11 races to go, but he seems to finally have a car that suits him, and is reliable and fast. I love watching him race. He's so smooth and fluid, and easy on the tires, just like Schumi always was. Can't wait for the Hungaroring in 2 weeks. I predict complete domination by Jensen Button!!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

yeah but his front end isn't broken like Schumi's who's smooth and classy maneuvers earned him the praise for being the most sportsman-like person of the century, specially from two Commonwealth drivers.
    Last edited by Endrik; 05-24-2009, 02:51 PM.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      yeah but his front end isn't broken like Schumi's who's smooth and classy maneuvers earned him the praise for being the most sportsman-like person of the century, specially from two Commonwealth drivers.
      The same Schumacher the purposefully stalled in monaco in the penultimate corner to block the ones behind and secure his championship? The same Schumacher that agreed to and proudly used the fact that Barrichello had to let him pass just 100 meters before the finish line, again to let him secure the championship? That's not fair or sportmanship like behavior. It's doing whatever you can to win, definitely, but not sporty or fair. I like Button a lot, he looks like a decent, grounded, fun and upbeat guy who can drive like a demon. He deserves his Brawn car, which is just an awesome machine on all fronts.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        The same Schumacher the purposefully stalled in monaco in the penultimate corner to block the ones behind and secure his championship? The same Schumacher that agreed to and proudly used the fact that Barrichello had to let him pass just 100 meters before the finish line, again to let him secure the championship? That's not fair or sportmanship like behavior. It's doing whatever you can to win, definitely, but not sporty or fair. I like Button a lot, he looks like a decent, grounded, fun and upbeat guy who can drive like a demon. He deserves his Brawn car, which is just an awesome machine on all fronts.

That's it. Jensen seems like a really nice guy. He has never been unsportsmanlike that I've ever seen or heard about. He has class.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          The same Schumacher the purposefully stalled in monaco in the penultimate corner to block the ones behind and secure his championship? The same Schumacher that agreed to and proudly used the fact that Barrichello had to let him pass just 100 meters before the finish line, again to let him secure the championship?
          that's it?
          what about sucking Eccelstone's cock so often the he got to finish a race when in the middle of the race he was shown a black flag or doing a pit lane penalty after the race, he truly is the man
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Some good racing this year!
            I'm pumped since I finally have speed channel again and can enjoy it.
            Bastard cable company made it part of a bigger package of cable shit I refused to pay for, so I've been living without my Sunday AM F1 fix for 3 or 4 years.
            Took me some time to catch up with the KERS and new tire rules, but I dig it.
            Sorry to see Honda drop out though... I hope that's not a sign of more bad things to come with regard to other mfg's.
            Poor Barrichello. Still always (or so it seems) coming in second!
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
              Some good racing this year!
              I'm pumped since I finally have speed channel again and can enjoy it.
              Bastard cable company made it part of a bigger package of cable shit I refused to pay for, so I've been living without my Sunday AM F1 fix for 3 or 4 years.
              Took me some time to catch up with the KERS and new tire rules, but I dig it.
              Sorry to see Honda drop out though... I hope that's not a sign of more bad things to come with regard to other mfg's.
              Poor Barrichello. Still always (or so it seems) coming in second!

I don't think Button and Barichello are missing Honda a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                I don't think Button and Barichello are missing Honda a whole lot.

Yea, but the world might. It was Honda's F1 technology that produced what some people have referred to as the bike of the century, the Honda CRF 450.
                "POOP"

Comment

Honda was pissing away money on shit engines. Slap a merc in there and BOOM happy wdc/constructors (I know theres waaay more to it)! As a kimi/webber fan I've had my share of good times already, but its the racing this season thats rocking me! Love the slicks. Kers is fucking retarded and I hate it. Love seeing Button do well but christ I wish barry would pick up a win or two. He's much better then his results have shown his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                    Love seeing Button do well but christ I wish barry would pick up a win or two. He's much better then his results have shown his entire career.
                    yep!
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I might go and watch them next week in Istanbul
                      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Barrichello's problem is that he gets discouraged easily, and his performance goes from spectacular, to what seems like a sunday drive. He also isn't easy on his tires, which really hurts his consistency. IMO, once you get a driver into a good car, the things that really matter and make for consistent results, are smoothness, and the ability to make your tires last. That was Schumacher's forte, and regardless of the many dirty moves he has pulled, he was clearly a very talented driver, and his consistency was unmatched. Unfortunately, drivers like that can also be pretty boring to watch.

Comment

Make that 6 out of 7!!

Another perfect race today for Jensen.

Comment

Another great drive. Noone is smoother then button behind the wheel! Good to see webber up there too, taking back some of that vettel lead

Comment

I'm pleased as punch at Webber's run this year. I've always said he is a top notch driver, he just needed a reliable car.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X