Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please TELL Mr Simmons HE did NOT introduce the MALOCCIO into metal...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please TELL Mr Simmons HE did NOT introduce the MALOCCIO into metal...!

Apparently gene is convinced he using it 1st in 1977 (on the love gun cover) but in reality there are two big faults to his claim first is that the hand sign on that cover is not the MALOCCIO but the hand sign for love. Secondly the love gun cover is a drawing not a actual group photo!
    Dio was not the first to use the maloccio either, the band COVEN was back in 1968! Dio was however definitely the one to bring it to the limelight.
    If any of you are fans of the show ALL in the family the maloccio sign was used and explained by the character FRANK LARENZO it is the episode where archie thinks he can beat Irene larenzo at a game of pool.
    Last edited by \m/HELLRAISER\m/; 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM.

I thought it was used hundreds of years ago in Italy.

But Gene wants to be the inventor of anything anyway, didn't Dio mentioned that Gene wanted to acclaim O.J. (as orange juice) as his "invention"
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post

But Gene wants to be the inventor of anything anyway, didn't Dio mentioned that Gene wanted to acclaim O.J. (as orange juice) as his "invention"
      LOL..! YEA gene probably is suing orenthal simpson for whatever he has left.!

Comment

Italy---> 'carnaccio' or something, meaning 'I fuck your wife'. I made the mistake once, while on a schooltrip in Naples. We were walking in sorrento with a bunch of guys, looking for some booze at night, we got it and on our way back up the hill to the hotel, some bikers passed. I was wearing a Tallica shirt and one of the dudes was driving this awesome custom fatboy chopper. I gave him the horns, not realizing. The entire group of bikes (like 15) stopped a bit further, the guy looked back and they started up again and disappeared. I was scared shitless for those two seconds, realizing I was in the fucking mob capital of the goddamn world. That night, I SHIT YOU NOT, while all of your groups were on the balconies of their rooms, partying, drinking and screaming to each other, all of a sudden, below two fucking mercedes stopped. Dudes got out, one of em points at me (this is like 200 meters away, so holy fuck he's got good vision) and yells: HEY YOU, COME ON DOWN HERE (in shoddy italo-english). Scared shitless, I witnessed something awesome. All of our people, must've been like a 100 in total, on their balconies, started yelling, cussing and throwing rolls of toilet paper down. They got back in their cars and drove off. We left for Rome before sun up the next morning (didn't get any sleep and we were still drunk). And that's my run in with the mob.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
          Italy---> 'carnaccio' or something, meaning 'I fuck your wife'. I made the mistake once, while on a schooltrip in Naples. We were walking in sorrento with a bunch of guys, looking for some booze at night, we got it and on our way back up the hill to the hotel, some bikers passed. I was wearing a Tallica shirt and one of the dudes was driving this awesome custom fatboy chopper. I gave him the horns, not realizing. The entire group of bikes (like 15) stopped a bit further, the guy looked back and they started up again and disappeared. I was scared shitless for those two seconds, realizing I was in the fucking mob capital of the goddamn world. That night, I SHIT YOU NOT, while all of your groups were on the balconies of their rooms, partying, drinking and screaming to each other, all of a sudden, below two fucking mercedes stopped. Dudes got out, one of em points at me (this is like 200 meters away, so holy fuck he's got good vision) and yells: HEY YOU, COME ON DOWN HERE (in shoddy italo-english). Scared shitless, I witnessed something awesome. All of our people, must've been like a 100 in total, on their balconies, started yelling, cussing and throwing rolls of toilet paper down. They got back in their cars and drove off. We left for Rome before sun up the next morning (didn't get any sleep and we were still drunk). And that's my run in with the mob.
          bro. that's fucking awesome, a bunch of drunk kids are booing Camorra mobsters away in Naples
          Last edited by Endrik; 05-18-2009, 01:28 PM.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

'Hook 'em Horns' was introduced at a pep rally before a 1955 football game. Harley Clark, head yell leader at the rally, is credited with creating the characteristic sign with his friend Henry Pitts.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

One in the pink, one in the stink!
              "POOP"

Comment

actually as I recall Gene trademarked the name O.J.

which as far as I am concerned is right up there with Trump trying to trademark "you're fired"

stupid greedy f-n people
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

No different than fender claiming the rights to "Relic" and closet classic.. Its about marketing.
                  When I started working on guitars NOS meant shit that didn't sell and it was being discounted to get it off the book.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                    No different than fender claiming the rights to "Relic" and closet classic.. Its about marketing.
                    Bingo!
                    "POOP"

Comment

One in the snapper one in the crapper.

Comment

One in the goo, one in the poo.

Well, GOR, Italians running away, now there's a thing.

Maybe Gene Simmons wants to start charging for using the sign, tosser. He was certainly the first Malaka in metal.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

One in the snatch, one in the hatch.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

One in the button, one in the mutton.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X