Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Releasing an album when the label doesn't allow it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing an album when the label doesn't allow it.

Many artists have legal problems with record companies and can't release new music without sacrificing their money, time etc.

So the new solution is this.

The artist records his/her music.
    He/she releases the album, the whole thing, the cover, lyrics sheets, artwork etc. etc. but the CD is actually a blank CD-R.
    The artist leaks his/her music to the internet.
    The fans who support the artists, go to the store, buy the album, go to home, download the music and burn it on the blank CD (the CD has a nice artwork too).

The first one is DJ Danger Mouse who wants to stick it to EMI
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

interesting....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      He/she releases the album, the whole thing, the cover, lyrics sheets, artwork etc. etc. but the CD is actually a blank CD-R.
      so in this scenario the artist is paying for all the jewel boxes, cd blanks, packaging, sales, distribution, marketing, etc? I guess there wouldn't be much marketing maybe here, but usually the record co would pay for all those things but won't so it's fully self-funded by the artist? how is that sticking it to anyone? must really want to get that music out there, it's costing them enough to do it.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

the cost for the package etc. would be relatively small compared to the amount of money the record company would take away.
        besides the artist can make a deal with promoters/distributors/package companies etc. to earn their percentage from the record sales.
        there's many ways as long as the record company gets ZERO for being a bunch of tards.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
        X