copy rights, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy rights, need help

if you wrote the greatest piece of literary work since War and Peace, how would you go about getting it bonded and safely yours. i know there are places to do it online, but I don't trust anyone-lol. I need help here. Anyone know what to do?????
    thanks,
    Tommy
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

I don't know if this still works , but they called this a "poor man's copyright"..buy mailing it to yourself and not opening with a postage date stamp on it.

But I'm sure there's the correct way of doing that without being expensive. Many guys here put out stuff , I'm sure they can chime in.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

http://www.copyright.gov
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like that William, you're a god damned wizard. Thank you.

Comment

when i see " .gov" i get nervous Endy

Comment

Go here http://www.copyright.gov/register/literary.html and follow the instructions. If your work was done on a computer, then it has a date stamp that can protect you, but it's best to register your work with the copyright office.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post

No need to fear the .gov, try stealing someones work who registered it with .gov. It's almost impossible. Protect your work man.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                www.messycumshots.gov

how about now?

anyway, they have all the instructions and crap over there and copyright is a government thing anyway so you have to bear all the headaches I guess.

by the way? did you finally wrote something?
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

thanks my good man jacksoncsplayer.
                  Endy, give me a call. now.

Comment

I've heard that the "poor man" method Bill described isn't actually something that holds up in court. Best to just do it the proper way - through the copyright office.
                    Scott

Comment

There is no legal requirement that you register with the Copyright office to retain copyright protections, but it's the surest way to guarantee you would win in court.

Just pay the $$$ and register it.
                      -Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X